GMT II - F series or M series if both ar BNIB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMT II - F series or M series if both ar BNIB

My cousin in the US found a GMT II Pepsi series F and M in a US authorised dealer. Both are BNIB (yes, the F series is brand new - old stock from a reputable AD)

The F series is cheaper by USD700. Which one will you choose and why?

Offhand I would say the F, since it is a lot cheaper and it is brand new. The M is stick dial but not sure if 3185 or 3186 (let us assume it is 3185)

Your thoughts please. Cheers
    Last edited by raymond888; 16-07-08, 02:19 AM.

The fact that it is an M series, coupled with the fact that it has a stick dial, suggests very strongly that it is a 3186.

If i were u, I'd get em both! Keep the M series, and sell the other to me! Heheh...how much are they?
    There is no true love, just a finely tuned jealousy

Comment

good idea!!! The list prices of both are USD 5,750 and USD 5,075, excluding state tax. It seems both are still relatively easy to find.

Comment

depends on yr pocket depth.... I will get the m-series...

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
        - GMT II
        - GMT IIc TT
        - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
        - Master Eight Days (1608420)
        - U1
        - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

I will get the M-series also because newest watch.

But you got to decide to pay an extra about SGD1K.

I think you have to weight the price for both watches whether it's cheaper to get it from the US.

Comment

m series, im sure the price can talk abit once about to hand over the cash!!
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

true...i think prices may vary when about to hand over the payment...as for me, am more inclined to take the F since several years down the road I dont think the M will be SGD1K more expensive than the F. i can see now that 3 to 6 year old watches fetch about a price diff of less than 500 please correct me if am wrong...cheers

Comment

Originally posted by raymond888 View Post
                My cousin in the US found a GMT II Pepsi series F and M in a US authorised dealer. Both are BNIB (yes, the F series is brand new - old stock from a reputable AD)

The F series is cheaper by USD700. Which one will you choose and why?

Offhand I would say the F, since it is a lot cheaper and it is brand new. The M is stick dial but not sure if 3185 or 3186 (let us assume it is 3185)

Your thoughts please. Cheers
                My Friend also going to usa soon..Possible to check out the price of Dweller ah . thanks.

Comment

i think that will depend on where your fren is going - there are numerous AD's in the US and you can actually give them a call to check availability. most will not accept credit card purchase on the fone (especially for rolex) so the best bet is probably your friend walking in with his credit card or cash...

my guess is that the SD should be pretty much widely available...

Comment

Originally posted by raymond888 View Post
                    true...i think prices may vary when about to hand over the payment...as for me, am more inclined to take the F since several years down the road I dont think the M will be SGD1K more expensive than the F. i can see now that 3 to 6 year old watches fetch about a price diff of less than 500 please correct me if am wrong...cheers
                    I suppose its anyone's guess what prices will be like say 5 years down the road. The important thing is if you are buying a watch for personal use and satisfaction, get something you will like including at a right price. However, if I were you, I would buy both - assuming finances permitting. Even if you decide to only keep one, you can easily sell the other. Not to mention that if the M serial is confirmed 3186, there are many people out there in Asia who will be willing to pay to get their hands on one.

But since its your money, you will be the ultimate decision maker. Good luck!
                    Time is too precious to be measured by a cheap watch...

Patek 5065, Rolex 16600, 16700, 16710, IWC 3786, JLC Reverso Chrono, PAM 190G, PAM 219I, AP RO Chrono

Comment

good idea! but the M series is not selling at an irresistible price. the only difference is that it is readily available in the US unlike here in Singapore where it is no longer available at any of the ADs...l

Comment

Buy both then sell the F series... cost of M series purchased transfer to F series this is business point of view...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                        SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                        SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                        SS SD,
                        SS YM,
                        SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

yup! in our commercial world everyone thinks like that
                          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                          Blue 6694
                          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Hi Bros, anyone know the price of GMT IIc TT? Passions currently having one.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                            SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                            SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                            SS SD,
                            SS YM,
                            SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

i'd say get the m series.
                              Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                              "Foreign affections"
                              1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                              2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                              3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                              4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                              What's NEXT?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X