Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submariner - Suitability with strap?

Hi all,

My mother recently bought a non ceramic black submariner no date for herself, which is great. She however feels that the bracelet is a bit too masculine for her, and thus wants to change it to a black leather strap.

In your opinion does the Sub go well with leather straps? Also does Rolex Service sell them/provide changing service? Thanks!

The no date sub does look good with leather strap. As for Rolex Service centre, they do offer the leather strap and clasp at a cost, wouldn't be cheap though. Alternately, can try a nato strap too.
    Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
      The no date sub does look good with leather strap. As for Rolex Service centre, they do offer the leather strap and clasp at a cost, wouldn't be cheap though. Alternately, can try a nato strap too.
      I think not suitable for a lady with NATO...well looks great on a guy though.

Maybe can get an aftermarket strap?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

agree on the above. should try leather strap, more elegant.
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Calf strap looks pretty nice to me...
          Current:
          No More Liao...

Comment

Originally posted by inzaghi84 View Post
            Hi all,

My mother recently bought a non ceramic black submariner no date for herself, which is great. She however feels that the bracelet is a bit too masculine for her, and thus wants to change it to a black leather strap.

In your opinion does the Sub go well with leather straps? Also does Rolex Service sell them/provide changing service? Thanks!
            go with a customized ABP strap. your mom will love it.

...and i don't think rsc will sell and install a leather strap on your mom's sub.
            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Thanks for suggestions!

1) What's ABP?

2) If RSC doesn't sell and install, who does it then? As newbie I honestly don't know how to, nor have to the tools to change it myself. THG AD which I bought it from does not do it either.

Comment

Thanks for suggestions!

1) What's ABP?

2) If RSC doesn't sell and install, who does it then? As newbie I honestly don't know how to, nor have to the tools to change it myself. THG AD which I bought it from does not do it either.
                google "custom abp strap" and click on the first few links that appear.

when the strap arrives, bring the watch with to a reputable watch servicing shop and ask them to do it for you. it should be cheap.

make sure you tell them that THEY SHOULD NOT SCRATCH THE LUGS.

you can buy a spring bar tool for $5/US$50 and start practising... ; )

i can also lend you a tool if you have some scotch tape. on the sub it's a piece of cake!
                “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

haha thanks for the offer, but as newbie i think i'm too "ham" to try it myself. moreover it not really being my own watch and all.

since zidane said they might have think i'll call rsc tomorrow and see if they have, otherwise i'll check out online =)

any suggestions for reputable watch servicing shops?

Comment

Had tried putting on a kirsch accent strap on my submariner, does not feel great, put back my bracelet instead after a while, may be some brother that put on strap can share some pictures.

Comment

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php...6694+and+16610

Comment

I think the sports range looks great with some straps too. I had gotten myself some vintage calf and nato for my DS and now just letting the novelty over new clasp fade a little before I switch for some variance appeal.

I had seen some ladies with sports in zulu and nato, i also agree those will look better on men.

Just wondering if we will require the bended lug pins for these?

For the TS, maybe you can also consider the shark hide. Will match the diver theme pretty well.
                        Audentis fortuna juvat.

Comment

Hi bros,

Just an update from my side, I called up RSC today, and they said that they do NOT have leather straps for sports series Rollies including Submariner, and starkly refused to install non- sports series straps for my Sub, even if we insisted that we wanted it.

RSC also said that attaching leather strap may result in a "gap" between the case and the strap, due to the ?curved shape, which would spoil the aesthetics of the watch, and might even result in the case coming apart from the strap and risking dropping.

Have you guys had any experience with this? Is it true? Or should I persist in getting my own 3rd party strap and getting someone else to attach it?

Comment

Hi bros,

Just an update from my side, I called up RSC today, and they said that they do NOT have leather straps for sports series Rollies including Submariner, and starkly refused to install non- sports series straps for my Sub, even if we insisted that we wanted it.

RSC also said that attaching leather strap may result in a "gap" between the case and the strap, due to the ?curved shape, which would spoil the aesthetics of the watch, and might even result in the case coming apart from the strap and risking dropping.

Have you guys had any experience with this? Is it true? Or should I persist in getting my own 3rd party strap and getting someone else to attach it?
                            i think i mentioned in an earlier post that RSC won't sell you a strap for your mom's sub.

a sub looks awesome with a good rubber strap (i personally love the hirsch pure).

on leather... not so much.. unless it's a very subdued black croc strap.

the gap they mentioned? don't worry about it. the watch dropping? very possible. a bracelet is more secure during watch REMOVAL.

but so long as you're careful, and use correct spring bars, the watch will work just fine.

there are also pre-made straps that fill up the gaps - i can't remember what they're called. leonardo? da vinci? or something like that; either from hirsch or hadley roma... i think!

don't be lazy. use google.

p/s: they have leather straps for daytonas...

Comment

Hi again Taxico

When you say dropping during removal, do you mean removal of the watch from your wrist, or removal of strap to change to bracelet/another strap? Anyway, as long as there is no danger of the watch head BREAKING OFF from the strap midusage, I'd feel quite safe.. I'm not intending to change the strap myself anyway..

I was actually intending to order a strap from the ABP site you recommended then getting someone to fix it on.. Would that be ok in terms of gap/safety?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X