Pros/Cons of PI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
    hence i say you do your own work. if you land a bargain, you win, if you get chopped, you blame yourself
    Yes, fully agreed, don't blame anyone, not even the seller...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
    SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
    SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
    SS SD,
    SS YM,
    SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

like i said, seller want to sell high price, buyer want to buy low price you have to do maths and make the market work for YOUR money.
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
        I think there's no need to. It's definitely cheaper than ADs already...no need to do until like this la.

Somemore...it's hard to track those small timers as they are mostly freelancers ...and the prices are set by the PIs themselves..so I think let's not.
        Recently my friend bought a BNIB GMT IIc from the forum garage and sales, it is $700 dollars more than Bro deslene brought his from AD, therefore is not so true that it will be cheaper.

For all Bros and Sis, start to ask/check prices now a day, you may eventually search for a good buy.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
        SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
        SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
        SS SD,
        SS YM,
        SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post
          Recently my friend bought a BNIB GMT IIc from the forum garage and sales, it is $700 dollars more than Bro deslene brought his from AD, therefore is not so true that it will be cheaper.

For all Bros and Sis, start to ask/check prices now a day, you may eventually search for a good buy.
          agree agree..nowadays must check check and check again.

after checking, confirm confirm and confirm again.

i have notice that the sale in sales and garage is not always cheaper than AD, preowned wise too. so if you're really going to get a watch, LL must go check price carefully.

Comment

Not true lehs...you go check out prices from Yeo Kim Choy and see lor

Take for example the NIB M series Submariner LV he's selling at only 7950 + shipping!

I said...BNIB watches does not mean that person is a PI. I said liaos...there's a fine line between PIs and those watch sellers which sell BNIB watches.

Does not mean it's PI then sell BNIB...normal sellers also can sell BNIB watches. Just like today I buy a Rolex GMT IIc...but then I sian liaos...or I bought at list price...I want to sell at a small little profit...does it mean I am a PI?

PIs like I said before...buy in bulk and they sell lots of new watches. Not just a few sets.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Yes agree mus do homewrk first. Fair to both parties.
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Perhaps forummers while buying in the Garage & Sales thread have the illusion that all watches sold there are at discounted price hence not checking up. At the end of the day, we owe ourself the responsilbilty of making sure prices are right and comfortable before parting with our money. Remember, no buyer can force the money out of your pocket.

Comment

i am a new joiner to the forum and have been reading up on the sales thread in the forum.

The prices aint exactly attractive for anyone to go for pre-owned. Take for instance for a DJ, if u bargain hard enuff, u can get it ard 5.8 to 5.9 in AD. The difference between the brand new and those selling in the forum is quite little.

Of cos as a buyer we must do our due dillgence and look around to make sure we get a good deal. But quite honestly, the items sold in the forum aint exactly attractive.

Comment

Originally posted by estrangable View Post
                    i am a new joiner to the forum and have been reading up on the sales thread in the forum.

The prices aint exactly attractive for anyone to go for pre-owned. Take for instance for a DJ, if u bargain hard enuff, u can get it ard 5.8 to 5.9 in AD. The difference between the brand new and those selling in the forum is quite little.

Of cos as a buyer we must do our due dillgence and look around to make sure we get a good deal. But quite honestly, the items sold in the forum aint exactly attractive.
                    agree.. some of the price here really

Comment

I feel simply because sme, if nt most, r pte sellers, like u n me. We buy then we sell. Nt much for te profit but to lose little. Say for example, I buy a ROLEX DJ at $6.5k; wear it once/twice, then 'cold storage' it. After a couple of mths/half a year, I wish to sell so as to buy new one or otherwise. How much will u sell if u r te one ?
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                        Not true lehs...you go check out prices from Yeo Kim Choy and see lor

Take for example the NIB M series Submariner LV he's selling at only 7950 + shipping!

I said...BNIB watches does not mean that person is a PI. I said liaos...there's a fine line between PIs and those watch sellers which sell BNIB watches.

Does not mean it's PI then sell BNIB...normal sellers also can sell BNIB watches. Just like today I buy a Rolex GMT IIc...but then I sian liaos...or I bought at list price...I want to sell at a small little profit...does it mean I am a PI?

PIs like I said before...buy in bulk and they sell lots of new watches. Not just a few sets.

Any kind bros can share Yeo Kim Choy website

TIA

Comment

Ultimately it's based on demand-supply theory. If seller set a sky-high price, nothing wrong with that, just that potential buyers will avoid or SMS/PM/Call to bargain (sometimes being branded as low-baller ) ...

If buyer enter a deal with eyes closed, if lucky the deal is sweet, else too bad ... learn the hard way ...

As long as gotten a real piece, just move on and enjoy the timepiece liao. What's over is OVER !
                          cHeErS ... Red Devil

Past:
                          1. Rolex Sub ND (14060M - F series)
                          2. Ball Mad Cow

Present:
                          1. Rolex SS DJ (116200 - M series)
                          2. Rolex TT Blue Sub (16613 - M series)
                          3. Rolex White Dial Explorer 2 (16570 - V series)
                          4. Glycine Incursore 46mm automatic
                          5. Tissot V8 41mm

Future aka Wishlist:
                          1. PAM (0, 5, 111, 112 or 104)
                          2. Deepsea

Comment

of cos we as a buyer will try to find the best deal and from the buyers' perspective, i have to admit the prices are not attractive.

I mean come on, u purchased a DJ at 6 plus and try to sell at 5 plus, no buyers who has done the due dilligence will want to buy. Perhaps to a buyer who didnt do enuff homework, it is attractive cos the retail is say 7k.

The bottomline is a tacit warning to all buyers that there is a need to do homework. Check, look ard, ask questions. A rolex costs a few k...it's not like gg to market to buy chai sin.

Comment

well..as a buyer, one often will search high and low for the best deal.

afterall, we are talking about few thousand and not hundred.

a good example is that of a DJ 116200.

Price after say 21% (cash payment) at AD is ard $5.8K++, in such case it's quite obvious where will you go to get the DJ right?

Comment

Originally posted by surestik View Post
                                Perhaps forummers while buying in the Garage & Sales thread have the illusion that all watches sold there are at discounted price hence not checking up. At the end of the day, we owe ourself the responsilbilty of making sure prices are right and comfortable before parting with our money. Remember, no buyer can force the money out of your pocket.
                                very true, and the transaction is between buyer and seller. they have to agree on price.

forum classifieds are not "cheap" so to speak, rather you are buying from fellow members who share a common interest. while some is purely here for commercial (you can search yourself!), others are here to share their pieces when they are "done"
                                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                                Blue 6694
                                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X