Rolex vintage book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex vintage book

Anyone have the 2005 version. is it any good? considering the 2008 aug edition : Vintage Rolex Sports Models: A Complete Visual Reference & Unauthorized History (Hardcover)

Editorial Reviews
    Book Description
    This comprehensive and detailed reference guide to Rolex sports model watches is an indispensable asset to watch collectors and dealers. The only work of its kind, it covers the history of the Submariner, Sea-Dweller, Explorer, GMT-Master, Turn-O-Graph, Milgauss, and Cosmograph watches, from 1952 to 1990. The history of more than a hundred and forty vintage models is described in detail, with the watches shown in chronological order. Color photographs illustrate every watch model, with hundreds of diagrams providing clear and useful information about the development of each model. Twenty-two rare Rolex brochures from private collections are shown along with numerous catalog photographs and the associated sale prices of sports models sold at Christie¹s and Sotheby¹s worldwide from 1997 to 2007. Also included is a current price guide for every model shown in the book. Rolex watches continue to dominate the collecting market and this authoritative volume, now in its revised and expanded third edition, is an essential and timely addition to the library of the Rolex collector and dealer.

About the Author
    Martin Skeet has been collecting Rolex sports models for 12 years. Nick Urul is a internationally-known watch dealer. They each reside in London, England with their families. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.

http://www.amazon.com/Vintage-Rolex-...8428801&sr=1-4
    (Big Watch Siao)
    BALL
    Rolex
    Panerai
    Omega
    Cartier
    Panerai
    IWC

I have the first edition one... very good book... you want to buy mine? I want to get the 3rd edition one don't know what to do with the first edition one... ha ha ha....

Comment

I am waiting for the Aug 28 edition.
      (Big Watch Siao)
      BALL
      Rolex
      Panerai
      Omega
      Cartier
      Panerai
      IWC

Comment

I think Kino is selling at S$170... very expensive.... you can reserve a copy now

In USA, very cheap, around S$100 only....

Originally posted by Minority View Post

Comment

Cheaper to buy such books through Amazon.com

Originally posted by Minority View Post
          At Kino, a Panerai book I was looking at was SGD 280. I ordered the same book plus shipping from Amazon for SGD 168.

Anyway, the Skeet and Urul book is a great book. However, the Osvaldo Patrizzi one called "Rolex Collecting wristwatches" which has 500 over pages, even better! But not cheap SGD 500 over dollars!
          Last edited by Reborn; 11-08-08, 12:45 PM.

Comment

no pre order in us is 50 USD. I think I will just do that.
            (Big Watch Siao)
            BALL
            Rolex
            Panerai
            Omega
            Cartier
            Panerai
            IWC

Comment

that's a very good price 50 USD.

Comment

US$50 wow!
                S&H included?

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                that's a very good price 50 USD.

Comment

I travel there often so just order and pick up from friend lor. very big carbon foot print.
                  (Big Watch Siao)
                  BALL
                  Rolex
                  Panerai
                  Omega
                  Cartier
                  Panerai
                  IWC

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile