Advice needed for first pair of Rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed for first pair of Rolex

I'm planning to get a lady-dj with black dial and diamonds for my wife and a GMT-II for myself to mark our 10th wedding anniversary.

Can I just check how much this pair will likely cost at local AD?

Also any advice which AD I should go to with best chance to get good discount for a paired purchase?

Firstly, congratulations on your anniversary.

Secondly, this pair may costs you around $20K thereabout at the AD.

Thirdly, there is no one particular AD who will give you good/bad discount simply because discount varies from AD to AD and within an AD too. It means different sales person will give you different discount even within the same shop/company.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I see. Tks for the info. Shall have to walk around a bit and see what I can get.

Comment

I see. Tks for the info.

Comment

Congrats on your 10th wedding anniversary!

IMO, the only couple watches from Rolex are DJ. But choose the ones you both like are the most important. I got myself a Submariner (black dial) while I got my wife a Lady DJ (white dial) during our honeymoon in Switzerland. Your choices are good, however, just beware of Lady DJ in black dial. It may make the watch looks smaller. Some ladies may find it very hard to read, as the dial size is small already, the black dial would make it look perceptionly smaller. Perhaps you may wish to find the bigger Lady DJ which was launched in Basel 2010.

In any case, those are my 2 cents worth of comments. Thanks.

As for discounts, I think both models are currently available with good discounts, though the prices were increased a few months ago.

Comment

try yacht master have lady and men.... *same designs*

look like couple sound like couple.

Comment

Originally posted by tabiyeo View Post
              try yacht master have lady and men.... *same designs*

look like couple sound like couple.
              Yes! I always forgot about YM. Thanks for the reminders!

Comment

thanks all for your advice. We bought our watch today at Lee Chay. I got my 116710 and she got her 179174 We got about 7% discount for GMT and 15% for L-DJ. All in all very happy with the buy.

Comment

Congratz! Have an enjoyable 'watch' journey
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

post some pics of your watches here. Happy 10th Anniversary!

Originally posted by alfredleekl View Post
                    thanks all for your advice. We bought our watch today at Lee Chay. I got my 116710 and she got her 179174 We got about 7% discount for GMT and 15% for L-DJ. All in all very happy with the buy.
                    劳心者治人, 劳力者治于人。 治人者食人, 治与人者食与人。

善恶之报,如影随形。福祸无门,唯人自招!

Comment

We had our watches set to date 31 at the AD so that it will automatically change to date 1 tonight. However I noticed that my wife's DJ date changed to 1 at about 9+ pm, instead of near 12 am.

is that normal?

Comment

Originally posted by 4Dvisor View Post
                        post some pics of your watches here. Happy 10th Anniversary!
                        here is an iphone pic of the pair.

Comment

Congrats! remind me of my anniversariers with my spouse too!
                          My first anni - 25hr yellow face dual time with butterfly clasp. Watches not working and 'seigo' :-(
                          5th anni - 2 cyma white stone dial, also not working already !!
                          10th anni - rolex DJ boy size TT with pearl dial and mens TT silver computer dial with diamonds markers. Got rolex instead of other brand due to the above incidents!

May i suggest getting the explorer II white and black as a pair. They looks great and both of you can interchange if wrist size is about the same. My wife once in while wear my TT.

Comment

Congratulations on your 10th wedding anniversary. Please post pics of your beauty.... the watches, not the wife!

BTW. Today (29th Feb / 1st March) is my wedding anniversary). No watches for us though, just a nice dinner!

Comment

congrat...... I will save $$ for the couple ym

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X