Question : Safe to buy Rolex without box & papers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question : Safe to buy Rolex without box & papers

Hi everyone, im newbie. need ur help. Gona get a pre-owned rolex. First place i tot of was peoples park.There are many shops selling. Was told by most of the shops that majority of the pieces dun come with box or certificates. told me after buying I can always bring it to Rolex cente to authenticate.
    Have any of you buy from these shops? Pls advise is it safe to buy there? any bad experiences or stories from those shops ?

Thanks!

Originally posted by glenam View Post
    Hi everyone, im newbie. need ur help. Gona get a pre-owned rolex. First place i tot of was peoples park.There are many shops selling. Was told by most of the shops that majority of the pieces dun come with box or certificates. told me after buying I can always bring it to Rolex cente to authenticate.
    Have any of you buy from these shops? Pls advise is it safe to buy there? any bad experiences or stories from those shops ?

Thanks!
    Some pieces may not come with cert/paper but box is not an issue, you will get it. You can always bring to Rolex Centre to authenticate at your own cost of course, but to many...it's not necessary. Trust the seller,don't trust don't buy.

Generally it's safe to buy from there...just avoid Peng KwXX, pricing is quite near the sky....

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

hey thanks for the quick reply. Yes i know Peng Kwee is EXpensive! try to charge me sky high for a Chopard Mille Miglia recently..hehe....oops.. we should be toking abt Rolex in tis forum..

intend to buy a rolex for my wife. I was browsing thru the many small shops in Peoples Park complex today. They really have many to choose from. I duno if the recommended that you all mentioned like Koh brothers , Bronze and the fortune centre carry as many variety.
      So its ok to buy one without the certificates?

Comment

hey thanks for the quick reply. Yes i know Peng Kwee is EXpensive! try to charge me sky high for a Chopard Mille Miglia recently..hehe....oops.. we should be toking abt Rolex in tis forum..

intend to buy a rolex for my wife. I was browsing thru the many small shops in Peoples Park complex today. They really have many to choose from. I duno if the recommended that you all mentioned like Koh brothers , Bronze and the fortune centre carry as many variety.
        So its ok to buy one without the certificates?
        Those 3 you mentioned carry quite decent collection, you can go check that out.

Yeap it's alright to buy those w/o certs.

Comment

For a peace of mind, just get the watch authenticated at the RSC, after purchase. Let the sales person know your intention and most will agree that if the watch is not found original or fake, the shop will do a full refund. But be reasonable and don't delay too long to authenticate if you decide to.

Happy shopping..
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Just bought one for my wife at Koh bro, they also got one more shop at same level, called AK.

Comment

just curious has anyone took a Rolex bought from chinatown and try to authenticate at RSC and found out its fake?

Comment

just curious has anyone took a Rolex bought from chinatown and try to authenticate at RSC and found out its fake?
                Haven't heard of such a case so far.

Comment

ok set ! We actually seen one which she likes at one of those small shop in Peoples Park complex just beside Poh Heng goldsmith (cant remember the shop name).. on display shows 4k+ and as usual they give 20% off the display price and comes out to be 3.5k..

Thanks everyone for your valuable tips!

Comment

Hope you get a good buy and do share the good news with us with some wrist shots if you can

Have a wonderful week ahead!
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thanks!

It may be subjective but I have heard from my friend a bad experience. He bought his over-priced DD at peoples park so I guess you need to do some homework before engaging into the buying spree. Good luck to your search. Cheers.
                      Just another small small small small watch user ....

Comment

Can try watch arena... or bright time... I bought my sub from bright time... As for people park, i think its exp... Personal feel ...

Comment

thanks everyone.. i more or less that model is in the 3k range. just need to find one with the best condition

Comment

HI bros/sis. just back from peoples park . bought model 79174 at 4k. tink got kana slashed? try to attach the pic here , but seems like not allowed.

Comment

HI bros/sis. just back from peoples park . bought model 79174 at 4k. tink got kana slashed? try to attach the pic here , but seems like not allowed.
                              Hey..congrats you got it for yourself or wife?

Anyway you can upload pictures to www.photobucket.com then link it here.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X