real or fake??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• real or fake??

just saw this rolex on ebay - red dial. Not sure if this is real or fake....perhaps it's an aftermarket dial

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/SUPERB-MINTY-...QQcmdZViewItem

Watch is authentic...only thing is that...the dial is aftermarket? Though he claims it's an original Rolex dial...it's not the original colour though

From what I see...I won't recommend you to get this though. I feel that...the whole watch right...the only part that is Rolex to me is the movement. The rest are aftermarket...leather band,etc...

I have never seen a watch on eBay that's worth it so far....I won't touch eBay if I want to get a Rolex though

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

same here, esp when in SG most know their stuff. Sometimes, and very rarely a nice rolex goes for cheap in Oz, but those come once every blue moon
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Agree with u guys... My question is: If it's genuine Rolex dial, where got age so nicely one... even if have, strange that the starting bid price is kinda low leh... and also like what Darkangel said... Rolex dont have this type of dial...

I think it may be aftermarket or modded dial... Maybe real Rolex dial but modded...?

I used to have an Omega SM 30 wristwatch (abt 38mm small ones) with Black Dial and I got it from the bay too... That watch's dial was in near new condition...!!! how can be...right? Seller had confirmed the dial was recond...

Wah, if this dial age so nicely, then I think it should be a good investment but the price will also be very nice

I may be wrong lah... just my 2 cents worth...
        [U] [/U]

[COLOR="Blue"]4000ft = 1220m[/COLOR]

[IMG]http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr153/meyersound/moi-SD.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

In any case, TOTALLY IGNORE purchases off ebay unless you really know your stuff...
          When I say ebay, it means from O'sea sellers...

Those local you can always disclaim that transaction is only firmed after authentication by RSC.. That will cover you definitely.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
          - GMT II
          - GMT IIc TT
          - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
          - Master Eight Days (1608420)
          - U1
          - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
            In any case, TOTALLY IGNORE purchases off ebay unless you really know your stuff...
            Agreed

Originally posted by meyersound View Post
            Agree with u guys... My question is: If it's genuine Rolex dial, where got age so nicely one... even if have, strange that the starting bid price is kinda low leh... and also like what Darkangel said... Rolex dont have this type of dial...

I think it may be aftermarket or modded dial... Maybe real Rolex dial but modded...?

I used to have an Omega SM 30 wristwatch (abt 38mm small ones) with Black Dial and I got it from the bay too... That watch's dial was in near new condition...!!! how can be...right? Seller had confirmed the dial was recond...

Wah, if this dial age so nicely, then I think it should be a good investment but the price will also be very nice

I may be wrong lah... just my 2 cents worth...
            The different tone is done by machine or something la..not natural for sure.

The starting bid is low...to get attention and people to bid...which means for sure their watch will sell. That's the true meaning of bidding...low starting price to get people started. Imagine if you were to start at 1000..not many will bid...

Comment

This watch real or fake ??

Hello All

This watch looks funny It is a daydate, but the label shows dayjust

http://s874.photobucket.com/albums/a...3474-Rolex.jpg

hyundai8818

Comment

This watch looks funny It is a daydate, but the label shows dayjust

i meant showing as datejust

Comment

The diamond dial and bezels look like aftermarket parts to me.
                  My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
                  1) WG DIA 18239
                  2) YG DIA 18238
                  3) WG 18239
                  4) YG 18238
                  5) YG 18248G Bark
                  6) WG DIA 18039
                  7) WG 18039
                  8) YG 18038
                  9) Tridor DIA 18039B
                  10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
                  11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
                  12) WG 1803
                  13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
                  1)GMT II 116718 18K
                  2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
                  1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
                  2)D15037 14k
                  3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

the dial is fishy. looks like someone tried to cut corners, bought a DJ dial, made a cut out for the day wheel and added diamonds.

im curious as to whats inside the watch. i remember in japan, there was a company that produces rolex look alikes that sold for thousands.

actually, while clearing my room the other day, i unearth a whole stack of manga with the ad on the rear page, just like how rolex advertises in time magazine unfortunately, i no longer keep the whole stack of manga which i estimated to be about 40kgs worth
                    Blue 6694
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

poor workmanship ?

Notice rolex crown also missing, daydate put as datejust

like that 5354, how to sell ?

even want to send for authentication also headache

Comment

confirm and chop cannot take to rsc to authenticate . if it is your's, i recommend going to a watchmaker to open the case back and see whats inside for curiosity sake
                        Blue 6694
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Likely that dial and bezel are aftermarket.

Aftermarket dial wrongly marked with Datejust instead of Daydate. Probably the whole watch, only the movement and case is original.

Comment

if the watch tells time, then its a real watch. else, its a fake watch.

but i think even tho its a real watch, it doesnt look like a real rolex

If its a fake watch, then it definitely isnt a real rolex
                            I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

it is on sale by of of the watch dealer in SG !
                              http://www.passions.com.sg/v2/watch/...iamonds-sapphi

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X