Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Struggle .... for Rolex

Hello,
    I have read many posts on this board in the last few days & I thought I would like to tell my story. I have read postings of 16 year old kids getting a Rolex from Dad and I wanted to post this story so other people do not think this is the norm. I think if you have had to struggle - it makes you appreciate the rewards more. Getting a gift from daddy or mommy does not cut it for me.

Then the 16 year old kid wants to talk about investment. I give you investment after working 2 years in taxi after normal job. Investment is something the theives in banking stole from most of us in superannuation funds.

I have owned a Rolex since I was 18. I bought a Rolex Explorer and gifted my quartz Omega to my father - so much for daddy buying me a watch! I then did not think much about it until I started to love watch in about 1997. I remember I bought (of all things!) a Cartier Octagonal Santos in Steel. I loved that watch so much but parted with it as I wanted another watch. I am not rich enough to keep everything! In 2001 I purchased my first Patek - ref 3919 but had it sell it as money was tight - this was after the dot com bust! (do a google search about that disaster if you are under 20!).

In 2007 I fell in love with a couple of holygrail watches. I wanted 1 but did not know which watch to choose. I started driving taxi to help me save for the watch. I remember doing my income tax return and seeing the evil government take most of my meager takings. I tried and tried. I slowly saved my money - not eating lunch from shop - taking brown paper bag to work each day.

Then I got my dream Patek - White gold Calatrava. I had to sell most of my watch collection to pay for this watch. I remember feeling sad after selling most of my watches to afford the Patek. It was a struggle. Driving taxi and having rude obnoxious customer. Customer who laugh at me for being middle age and drive taxi. I remember a staff from work took my taxi and laugh at me at work for my low job.

After I got my Patek I really have bad feeling about only having 1 other watch. I kept my explorer 1 watch with lug hole. I yearn for my other rolexes. I was madly in love with white dial explorer II. I buy this beauty 2nd hand. I save save money. It hard struggle - no easy money or daddy for me. I can not afford AD to buy from - I get from used dealer / pawnshop (I think you call loanshark shop) and I pay cash and use my credit card. I love Rolex but I not pay 20% a month loanshark charge. My Explorer II not new - it from ealy 90s - no box no papers. I still love my Explorer II like my wife.

I then buy Omega Speedmaster from used dealer. I love the classic chrono. I save slowly. No easy money from daddy.

My Vacheron was very hard to pay for. She cost big money and need service and polish. I think I never sell her. She is from 1960 and is the first thin movement from Vacheron in the 1950s. Vacheron is good name with Geneva seal K1001 movement.

I love my 2 x rolex equally. I can not ever not have Rolex. I wear Rolex the most. Patek is on leather and a scarced to damage white gold. Vacheron is for special occassions only - not waterproof. Omega is cool and I love but not same as Rolex. I buy my wife Rolex 69174 - Steel DateJust with white gold bezel. I think she understand my love for rolex now!

I hope you can see the struggle I have to endure for my watches. No easy daddy or mommy to pay for it. If you are a sugarlady - I happy to befriend you! Stuggle make you strong. Strong is like my Rolex.....

Please tell me your struggle to get a rolex!

I don't know what to say.

Comment

Damn, me too got no daddy buy me rolex. It is the other way round for me. And hell almost break lose in my house when my CO found out( yes, i know this is the umpteen time I wrote about it..) but from the thread starter personnel story, watch can sometime help you alleviate a bit of money problem too. And I must say you are part time cabby cum full time purist. Mind if I call your cab next time if you still moonlighting (me still taking the bloody sardine packed MRT.) In that Way, I can ogle at your wrist. your Kids are so fortunate, as you are keeping the Swiss watches for them.
      sigpic

Comment

archie42 your struggle for rolex is very inspiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceheller View Post
          Damn, me too got no daddy buy me rolex. It is the other way round for me. And hell almost break lose in my house when my CO found out( yes, i know this is the umpteen time I wrote about it..) but from the thread starter personnel story, watch can sometime help you alleviate a bit of money problem too. And I must say you are part time cabby cum full time purist. Mind if I call your cab next time if you still moonlighting (me still taking the bloody sardine packed MRT.) In that Way, I can ogle at your wrist. your Kids are so fortunate, as you are keeping the Swiss watches for them.
          don't mind booking a cab from TS for my usual home to airport trip. but isnt it asking for trouble wearing these timepiece at work esp when you are ferrying people ard... and u never know who your next customer is!! shrugged....

Comment

There's another (part-time) taxi driver in this forum buying and selling Rolexes whenever he goes to Europe.
            Can't agree that owning a Rolex from young is a bad thing. Why can't fathers and mothers pass it down as a sign of their love to their kids?

Comment

Originally posted by kenlinliu1419 View Post
              There's another (part-time) taxi driver in this forum buying and selling Rolexes whenever he goes to Europe.
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Dear Archie42,

Sorry, I cant buy ur story...ur 2nd pic already shows that u are a amazing tailored fine dressing dude who wore that stylo milo VC (which i think is the best dress watch i ever seen in this forum)...if u wanna me buy ur story...pls take a photo of urself with hthat VC in ur cab..n i shall KOWTOW to u my friend. I have a uncle who drove taxi for 20 years, dont think his fingers is as smooth as you dude...having to drive for 12 hours a day for 20 years.

If u bust during dotcom, i can buy that.

Every person has a story to tell of their struugle with the 5 matchstick...same here...havin to pay many many tings for a small family with 2 young kids...can only dream of own PP or AP if i kana 4d...so i dare you put a pic n i shall say SALUTE the Archie!

Comment

Interesting story. But I remember seeing these photos and the tailored shirts somewhere .......

Comment

Interesting story...

Not only the shirt but end off with

quote"PS - any ladies seeking a classy 42 year old guy who loves watches - please PM me! "unquote

quote "If you are a sugarlady - I happy to befriend you"unquote

*chills*
                    The time in life is perpertually moving forward while that in the watch is going in circles.

Comment

i believe archie's not local as i've seen his other posts.

Comment

With all your doubts, that why you should be like me, take his cab and ogled at his wrist.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hello and thank you for the nice words!
                          I am truly touched by your high thoughts about myself!

I worked as a taxi driver in Australia - I have never driven in Singapore. Attached is a pic of my taxi drivers shirt and patek!
                          I hope that proves I am 100% honest with my stories!

I have had many good things happen to me in life - bought a brand new BMW in 1991 (Last of the E30 318i). Had my own IT business for over 13 years, had some great holidays but also some bad things.... divorce, business went bad.......

I also have had 4 boys! Ages 4,5,14,18. I have been married twice. I am currently happily married with my Japanese wife.

Originally posted by joe38 View Post
                          Dear Archie42,

Sorry, I cant buy ur story...ur 2nd pic already shows that u are a amazing tailored fine dressing dude who wore that stylo milo VC (which i think is the best dress watch i ever seen in this forum)...if u wanna me buy ur story...pls take a photo of urself with hthat VC in ur cab..n i shall KOWTOW to u my friend. I have a uncle who drove taxi for 20 years, dont think his fingers is as smooth as you dude...having to drive for 12 hours a day for 20 years.

If u bust during dotcom, i can buy that.

Every person has a story to tell of their struugle with the 5 matchstick...same here...havin to pay many many tings for a small family with 2 young kids...can only dream of own PP or AP if i kana 4d...so i dare you put a pic n i shall say SALUTE the Archie!

Comment

Bro Archie, u the man! Luv your inspiring sharing.
                            Current Love
                            Pam 312
                            Pam 210
                            Pam 372
                            Pam 424

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X