Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submariner

Dear All,

I'm new to this forum, as well as the watch scene. I want to get a rolex submariner, but a little unsure about
    1) getting a brand new one as opposed to a pre owned one.
    2) Also I would like all your opinion about a sub date vs a sub no date

Please let me know what you think, as I'm here to learn, I will greatly appreciate each and every one of your valuable feedback! Cheers!

MrNice

Actually MrNice, you can start by using the forum's search facility to get the information you want. There should be aplenty. But since I can find a little time to spare here, I try to answer briefly:

1) Getting a watch brand new is always good but it also translates to having to pay more. As long as you can get the new watch at a good price and that you not intending to sell it, it should be alright. Another advantage is of course, the watch will be under warranty.
    2) Whether it should come with the date or not is personal. Some people just have to have the date function for ease of reference. Others just won't mind.

Anyway, welcome to the forum and hope you'll learn and share as much as you can here
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Brand new one is better if you could afford. The difference between new & pre-owned may not be very much different. Just like new cars vs 2nd-hands old car. Unless the difference is a lot, but then you may feel suspicious about the authenticity.

I would prefer the Sub with date as it's using Rolex in-house 3135 movements. Moreover the Sub with no Date has a few variants. Only the last few batches were chronometer certified. But the looks with cyclops are very enticing, just like Sea-Dweller or Milgauss.

Choose the one you like more. Try it, you never know till when it's placed on your wrist.

Comment

Buy what you might like, however budget might be the determine factor in selecting a preown or brand new.
        Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Originally posted by breitling77 View Post
          Brand new one is better if you could afford. The difference between new & pre-owned may not be very much different. Just like new cars vs 2nd-hands old car. Unless the difference is a lot, but then you may feel suspicious about the authenticity.

I would prefer the Sub with date as it's using Rolex in-house 3135 movements. Moreover the Sub with no Date has a few variants. Only the last few batches were chronometer certified. But the looks with cyclops are very enticing, just like Sea-Dweller or Milgauss.

Choose the one you like more. Try it, you never know till when it's placed on your wrist.
          All the current Rolex oyster watches except the chronos are just clones of the cal 3135 with or without complications.And all the Rolex movements over the past 40 odd years were more than capable of the COSC standard.Fact the older cal 3000 used in the non date sub,was exactly the same movement that was used in the Explorer that was COSC tested.The cal 3130 in the 14060M before it was COSC tested was exactly the same movement used in the Explorer.And the cal 3130 is a cal 3135 just without the date wheel and date complication.

Comment

Originally posted by daytona 6263 View Post
            All the current Rolex oyster watches except the chronos are just clones of the cal 3135 with or without complications.And all the Rolex movements over the past 40 odd years were more than capable of the COSC standard.Fact the older cal 3000 used in the non date sub,was exactly the same movement that was used in the Explorer that was COSC tested.The cal 3130 in the 14060M before it was COSC tested was exactly the same movement used in the Explorer.And the cal 3130 is a cal 3135 just without the date wheel and date complication.
            to be precise - 3135 is not the base calibre.

also, the 31xx has additional improvements and reliability (whether people believe it or not) over the 30xx movements.

thus with COSC being equal, some movements are more reliable than others IMO.
            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X