Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe to do it on our own?

Hi all,

If we need to adjust the size of the watch, do you all think it is safe to do it on our own?

If yes, do we use metal screwdrivers or plastic ones?
    If plastic ones, where can we find them in Singapore?

Thanks

i do it on my own all e time. using metal screwdrivers. so far so good. but that's just me. if u not confident then maybe ask someone else to help. haha.

Comment

It is quite safe with a proper screw driver.
      I don't think there is any plastic one. If have then I have not seen yet.

The only issue is to be careful not to slip. It will scratch your bracelet.
      Some people will use tape to protect.

Slipping usually caused by overly tight screws.
      Which can be seen from RSC work. screw tip out from the bracelet.
      Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

the nearest thing to a "perfect screw driver" is the one that comes with the SD as it was made for DIY resizing...

others also recommend loctite!
        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

just by using a rather reasonable set of small metal screw drivers and the clasps, just use a small thumb thack to adjust clasp.

can get them in sim lim tower or other cheap shops.

This is how i adjust my bracelets.
          :bounce: [FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"]The importance of Fine Timepieces that keeps track of my time[/SIZE][/FONT] :bounce:

[U][B]Personal Favourties[/B][/U]:-
          [B][COLOR="green"]DateJust
          Day-Date
          OysterDate
          Submariner
          GMT Master
          Explorer I / II[/COLOR][/B]

Please visit: [url]www.dongfangrichard.com[/url] for more information!

Comment

i dont recommend cheap screw drivers, as they may slip and disfigure both the screw head and the actual driver. if want to buy tools, please buy the better alternatives.

if removing screw link, recommend a bottle of locktite it helps to stop the screw slowing undoing itself, also helps you not to overtighten the screw

when it comes to tools; when something is cheap, something is usually missing. i remember working on my suspension before, the 16mm socket from reputable brands fitted like a glove. perfect fit everytime. those sockets from dubious sources (usually free! ) just cannot make it. these days, i have a boxes of tools sorted into premium and standard when working on not so important projects, the standard tools are good enough; however when working on precision projects, ill grab the premium set
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
              i dont recommend cheap screw drivers, as they may slip and disfigure both the screw head and the actual driver. if want to buy tools, please buy the better alternatives.

if removing screw link, recommend a bottle of locktite it helps to stop the screw slowing undoing itself, also helps you not to overtighten the screw

when it comes to tools; when something is cheap, something is usually missing. i remember working on my suspension before, the 16mm socket from reputable brands fitted like a glove. perfect fit everytime. those sockets from dubious sources (usually free! ) just cannot make it. these days, i have a boxes of tools sorted into premium and standard when working on not so important projects, the standard tools are good enough; however when working on precision projects, ill grab the premium set

Hi all,

Good metal screwdrivers of all major small sizes can be gotten, but like all said we must be very careful in case we slip and oops. I thought plastics screwdrivers shd be also available but no so readily i suppose and is that safer if slipped?

Does RSC does the locktite thingy if we send it in for resizing? How do they gauage the tightness of screwing? I know for the case back, there is a measurement of 5 newton metres tightness guage, but the screw? Other watches I had, I just unscrew, adjust and screw it back till it is flushed but never care about tightness measurement.

Comment

You can easily accept the scratches u made if you DIY, if you bring it to a watch maker and they scratch it you also LL have to accept.

So, DIY if you can.

Comment

RSC screw hard and deep.

Too tight for me. Had to let them do as I ask them to break link.
                  Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by topaz View Post
                    Hi all,

Good metal screwdrivers of all major small sizes can be gotten, but like all said we must be very careful in case we slip and oops. I thought plastics screwdrivers shd be also available but no so readily i suppose and is that safer if slipped?

Does RSC does the locktite thingy if we send it in for resizing? How do they gauage the tightness of screwing? I know for the case back, there is a measurement of 5 newton metres tightness guage, but the screw? Other watches I had, I just unscrew, adjust and screw it back till it is flushed but never care about tightness measurement.
                    what the point of plastic screwdrivers? im not sure the torque will be sufficient.

as for locktite, i believe RSC will use locktite when resizing bracelets (at least thats the case here in perth)

as for tension measurement, naa, the technician, will just agar agar tighten. you are holding a bracelet in place, not the san francisco golden bridge
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by topaz View Post
                      Does RSC does the locktite thingy if we send it in for resizing?
                      loctite is included within the official rolex dealer's tool kit. google and you will find it the exact type. i don't use any and just tighten mine every few months.
                      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                        RSC screw hard and deep.

Too tight for me. Had to let them do as I ask them to break link.
                        sounds like u have just been 'screwed' by RSC
                        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X