No announcement yet.

Rolex bought from Switzerland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the trend these dayz... BMW made in Thailand, Merc made in South Africa, Sony made in Malaysia, Compaq made in China, VW Beetle made in Mexico, Airbus made in China, etc... these products are eveywhere.... I think some day, Rolex's demand is great that they will decide to produce their watches in 3rd world country to max their profit....

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
    I buy a Rolex because I like it...I dun care where it's made...as long as my watch runs well.

Comment

As long as work well then the rest are secondary man...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

I won't be surprised if the non-critical Rolex parts already being outsourced

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
        That's the trend these dayz... BMW made in Thailand, Merc made in South Africa, Sony made in Malaysia, Compaq made in China, VW Beetle made in Mexico, Airbus made in China, etc... these products are eveywhere.... I think some day, Rolex's demand is great that they will decide to produce their watches in 3rd world country to max their profit....
        to places like China and India or Vietnam.

Comment

I think I gotta keep quiet.... cannot leak so many things out... ahha

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
            I think some day, Rolex's demand is great that they will decide to produce their watches in 3rd world country to max their profit....
            i hope they dun do tat..
            well..i dun tink they need to do that..they r sorta like a non-profit organisation..so wat's with the profit...
            i hope they do not compromise quality vs quantity...
            most go to charity mah....

n btw i read that they purposely sell at a certain price... meaning behind it is..price not for the ordinary but price for the achievers(for working for it)
            therefore..a crown for every achievement...
            now tat sounds like somebody's signature...

Comment

hiii

if rolex really decide to manufacture some of the parts from other countries, i think it will do more harm then good to their reputation, that what i think. there will no longer be prestige.

Comment

Manufacturing of components in other parts of the world is OK as long as they meet the specifications. The skill and craftsmanship lies in the assembly of these various components to create a precision movement.

Comment

Originally posted by ejaan View Post
                  Manufacturing of components in other parts of the world is OK as long as they meet the specifications. The skill and craftsmanship lies in the assembly of these various components to create a precision movement.
                  Agreed

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
                    Cuba?

This is great stuff, Leslie!! This makes me even more proud to wear a Rolex Sub!

Comment

Upz!
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Actually my cousin just bought her watch from swiss n the sa oso tell her the watch components assemble all in swiss where as others were assemble around the world.

Comment

My colleague just told me abt this yesterday and I almost laughed my head off!
                          He said he ONLY buys Rolex in Switzerland as those from Singapore are made in HK!

Apparantly this urban legend is sinking deep in some people.

Comment

Originally posted by Pumper View Post
                            He said he ONLY buys Rolex in Switzerland as those from Singapore are made in HK!

Can share which tour agency which he joined for this trip?

Comment

Originally posted by Pumper View Post

He is wrong. Rolex from hong kong came from shenzhen.
                              Rolex from singapore came from thailand.
                              Rolex from indonesia are made locally.
                              Most EU rolex are from China.
                              Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

this is getting really funny!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X