Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the place to get best deals

Good day Gents,

Since I am new in this area, and my partner is looking for a Rolex DJ, so, been a typical and average income person, can someone enlighten me where is the best shop/location to hunt for one?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks!!

Oh yes,

What is the run-off time for Rolex, usually how many seconds or minutes per month?

Thanks again!!
    Last edited by missing_hh; 09-09-08, 11:57 PM.
    Wish List

Tag Heuer - Carrera Automatic Chronograph Tachymetre
    Maurice Lacroix - Pontos D�centrique GMT
    Baume & Mercier - Classima Executives Contemporary
    Ball Watch Company- Engineer Master II Diver TMT, Fireman Night Train, Fireman Skylab
    Zenith - Chronomaster Open Grande Date
    Bell & Ross - BR 03-92 Carbon
    Longines - Evidenza Automatic
    Omega - Seamaster Planet Ocean Big Size, Speedmaster professional
    Tissot - T-Touch Polished Titanium
    And too many others to mention...

you need to do some leg work youself. pick an afternoon say where you got say about 4 hours free.

i would suggest that you proceed to lucky plaza to get the general feel of the price of the model interested. this is because there is the Watch Palace, The Hour Glass and THH there. that is provided you want to get brand new pieces.

however if you looking @ preown pieces, you can always proceed to peoples park to scout around the preown shop.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by missing_hh View Post
      Good day Gents,

....Oh yes,

What is the run-off time for Rolex, usually how many seconds or minutes per month?

Thanks again!!

The standard used by COSC is to test the accuracy of a mechanical wristwatch movement--before it is assembled into a watch--for consistent accuracy under a range of position and temperatures. COSC actually peforms seven tests as part of the certification. But the most commonly mentioned is the "mean daily rate" test for which a standard men's watch size mechanical movement, the watch must maintain an accuracy within -4 to +6 seconds of variation per day (that's +99.994% accuracy!).

So a Rolex is expected to have the error. Any error greater than that required a service at RSC. However, my GMT ll has an error of 1 min per week, which is acceptable to me.

If you want to a watch with zero sec error per month, a Quartz watch is the solution.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
      SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
      SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
      SS SD,
      SS YM,
      SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
        you need to do some leg work youself. pick an afternoon say where you got say about 4 hours free.

i would suggest that you proceed to lucky plaza to get the general feel of the price of the model interested. this is because there is the Watch Palace, The Hour Glass and THH there. that is provided you want to get brand new pieces.

however if you looking @ preown pieces, you can always proceed to peoples park to scout around the preown shop.
        Agree, and it is fun to do it as well, walking in and out of all these nice shops, hunting for that special bargain.

Lucky Plaza is a good start, has at least 4-5 pre-owned shops as well!

Comment

What ever you do...just avoid a store which has a few pretty ladies selling Rolex watches.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Thanks guys,

I believe that she wants a new piece.

Thanks for the prompt replies guys!!
            Wish List

Tag Heuer - Carrera Automatic Chronograph Tachymetre
            Maurice Lacroix - Pontos D�centrique GMT
            Baume & Mercier - Classima Executives Contemporary
            Ball Watch Company- Engineer Master II Diver TMT, Fireman Night Train, Fireman Skylab
            Zenith - Chronomaster Open Grande Date
            Bell & Ross - BR 03-92 Carbon
            Longines - Evidenza Automatic
            Omega - Seamaster Planet Ocean Big Size, Speedmaster professional
            Tissot - T-Touch Polished Titanium
            And too many others to mention...

Comment

any shops in Peoples park that sells at reasonable prices for preowned?
              usually how much we can bargain down from the initial price that they quote?thanks

Comment

please bear in mind!! when u walk around u get really tempted to buy immediately.
                So be patient and with a clear mind. don't be like me kana "tok". Painful lesson, know what you actually want beforehand and happy shopping!
                Rolex Submariner Series V
                Rolex Datejust Series F

Comment

Originally posted by Clarenceyee View Post
                  please bear in mind!! when u walk around u get really tempted to buy immediately.
                  So be patient and with a clear mind. don't be like me kana "tok". Painful lesson, know what you actually want beforehand and happy shopping!
                  Yes! Same thing happened to me! Do your homework before buying!

Comment

Originally posted by jacktan23 View Post
                    any shops in Peoples park that sells at reasonable prices for preowned?
                    usually how much we can bargain down from the initial price that they quote?thanks
                    if u really want to make sure u pay reasonable market price, u really have to do some homework to research prices (forum prices, prices of local local AD & grey sets, prices from other shops) for pre-owned sets to make sure whatever is quoted to you is fair. as for the bargaining portion, it's really hard to say how much to bargain down to.

if u are going for the popular models like submariner, DSSD etc. market prices are fairly easy to judge. but rarities or less popular models may be harder to gauge market price.
                    elusive

Comment

Originally posted by Clarenceyee View Post
                      O...So you buy from the shop with pretty girl???

Comment

Originally posted by satch View Post
                        if u really want to make sure u pay reasonable market price, u really have to do some homework to research prices (forum prices, prices of local local AD & grey sets, prices from other shops) for pre-owned sets to make sure whatever is quoted to you is fair. as for the bargaining portion, it's really hard to say how much to bargain down to.

if u are going for the popular models like submariner, DSSD etc. market prices are fairly easy to judge. but rarities or less popular models may be harder to gauge market price.
                        Thanks! I will shop ard before i buy.. am looking for Expolrer I 39mm.. but it seems difficult to get at preowned shops..

Comment

The prices at the local ADs are pretty standard, don think u will get "tok"... but do leverage on any credit cards discounts or rebates if possible, it can help you save abit.

welcome to the club!

Comment

Best place is here, where you are posting, SG ROC

Comment

Hong Kong. Establish a relationship with a salesperson that is seasoned will get you deals and first dibs of hard to get watches.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X