Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on 'unknown' Rolex

Dear all

I am asking on behalf of my dad, who, when clearing out the house, 'rediscovered' the following Rolex which he got from my uncle some years back:

www.flickr.com/photos/50968273@N04/5903990582

We have the following questions, which I hope fellow bros & sis in the forum can help:

1. Can anyone help to identify the model, name and year of manufacture of the Rolex?

2. My dad recalls my uncle telling him that the diamonds are not part of the original watch, i.e. the dial was professionally refinished to custom-add the 10 diamonds. Would such a custom addition affect the value of the watch? Would the addition of the 10 diamonds increase the value of the watch compared to the original?

3. Would the local Rolex service centre service such a 'customised' Rolex watch?

4. The bracelet is not an original Rolex bracelet, but an after-market Jubilee bracelet. Should my dad go get it changed to an original Rolex bracelet? Just worried about the quality of this after-market bracelet (dunno from where...)

5. Lastly, my dad is thinking of getting the watch insured. What would be a fair market value for the watch, given the addition of the 10 diamonds and that the bracelet is not original Rolex?

Thanks in advance for the assistance!
    Last edited by xkeviian98; 05-07-11, 12:49 PM. Reason: Add picture

Originally posted by xkeviian98 View Post
    Dear all

I am asking on behalf of my dad, who, when clearing out the house, 'rediscovered' the following Rolex which he got from my uncle some years back:

www.flickr.com/photos/50968273@N04/5903990582

We have the following questions, which I hope fellow bros & sis in the forum can help:

1. Can anyone help to identify the model, name and year of manufacture of the Rolex?

2. My dad recalls my uncle telling him that the diamonds are not part of the original watch, i.e. the dial was professionally refinished to custom-add the 10 diamonds. Would such a custom addition affect the value of the watch? Would the addition of the 10 diamonds increase the value of the watch compared to the original?

3. Would the local Rolex service centre service such a 'customised' Rolex watch?

4. The bracelet is not an original Rolex bracelet, but an after-market Jubilee bracelet. Should my dad go get it changed to an original Rolex bracelet? Just worried about the quality of this after-market bracelet (dunno from where...)

5. Lastly, my dad is thinking of getting the watch insured. What would be a fair market value for the watch, given the addition of the 10 diamonds and that the bracelet is not original Rolex?

Thanks in advance for the assistance!
    Hey bro, is that a picture of the actual watch in question? If no, can you pls take a pic of the actual watch?

Likely to be a Rolex Datejust 16013

The custom effect does affect the value of course. It does not really increase the value because it's not original from Rolex. Maybe about the same value as an original dial without diamonds.

Rolex centre won't service it but you can service it outside.

It costs more than 3.5k to get a new bracelet, not pt. Wear a leather strap with it.

Not possible because no receipt of purchase and no point also lah.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
    Working...
    X