Simplicity is King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simplicity is King

Haven't been contributing to the forum for a while since I started my Pam fever. Don't get me wrong, I ain't crossing over from the dark side yet.

As of late, I have been contemplating of getting a Rolex beater to interchange with my PAM 351 for the outdoors....If you know me well enuff, I had them all, except for Smurfy. Buy, sell, buy, sell etc...

Started looking at 5512, 5513, triple 6 and other vintage rollies but nothing come close until...WTF!!! I realised its been there all along, why did I find it ugly, no resale value...one word "yuk"!

Started research on this model online for a few days..and these were quotes from blogs and forums on this particular model....

ultimately, one reaches a point of wisdom, when one realizes simplicity will always be king

It is primarily a tool watch.

As for the design. It's timeless.

comfortable to wear and snugly on the wrist

the most coveted of the world's most luxurious watches

A real collector sends a subtle message of 'knowing' to their peers when they sport one

the only rolex with chapter ring and lug holes...

In particular, this quote may be the final push towards getting one....the other decision to be made, to be a purist or not to be one?

you have been through the whole rolex collection and at the end you have simply arrived. As for the rest, they are still somewhere in time.....

Bros, lets try carrying on the thread without even mentioning the model of this watch and if you do share the same thoughts on this model....I like to hear from you...yes no mentioning of this model, I think it would be educational for people like me who used to find this model ugly....what was i even thinking??!!

The only simplicity I know is made by Dufour. Are you referring to that one. Many would agree it is one of the best in the world.

Comment

Kuchingku,
      agree that Simplicity by Dufour is a real collector's item. But Coopster9 says it is a tool watch and Simplicity is definitely not !
      Coopster9 also says its a rolex with chapter ring with lug holes. I guess you know which model he is referring to right ?

Comment

this is not a simple post

Comment

One fine day on the Mrt wearing her with black nato strap. Left hand holds handrail and my friend who was not into watch, take a long look at her and muttered... she's beautiful~

Comment

Finally my friend, you have come to your senses.

Hope to see u wearing this simple watch the next time I meet u.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutesperm View Post
              One fine day on the Mrt wearing her with black nato strap. Left hand holds handrail and my friend who was not into watch, take a long look at her and muttered... she's beautiful~
              hahaha this girl knows her watch?
              I hope I don't get struck by lightning. - Barbarella

Comment

can anyone confirm if the second hand of the 2 liner and 4 liner are different in colours?

Comment

And now you're into vintage. Congratz !
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

If simplicity is king, then the only rolex watch that fitted the title is Airking! Hail all airking owner!
                    sigpic

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X