is Daytona price going up or down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is Daytona price going up or down?

Hi, used to see Daytonas (pre-owned) going at S$18K. Now I see BNIBs going at S$16.5K? So Daytonas losing some shine here? Can anyone confirm this?

You want to sell liao ah

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

I think it depends on the age group

Originally posted by submarooner View Post
      Hi, used to see Daytonas (pre-owned) going at S$18K. Now I see BNIBs going at S$16.5K? So Daytonas losing some shine here? Can anyone confirm this?
      Losing its shine? Yes and No. The younger crowd would go for Panerai. Older crowd goes for Rolex.

Price is a reflection of supply. There are a lot of the Daytonas around. 18k is a rip off price. I got ripped off once in my early days of collection at People's Park when I bought a Daytona there.

Comment

Woah...

I dun believe that the older crowd goes for Rolex. NEVER. That's why I m here to spread the poison hehe

Younger crowd go for panerai...well depends on how u see it but yes I do have to agree that pam demand increase and many buyers are younger crowd but...

I am one of the younger 1s that will not buy a pam haha...I firmly believe in Rolex...well I m kinda like a 1 brand man haha

Comment

With 12000 posts on this Rolex forum

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
          Woah...

I dun believe that the older crowd goes for Rolex. NEVER. That's why I m here to spread the poison hehe

Younger crowd go for panerai...well depends on how u see it but yes I do have to agree that pam demand increase and many buyers are younger crowd but...

I am one of the younger 1s that will not buy a pam haha...I firmly believe in Rolex...well I m kinda like a 1 brand man haha

...and also moderating it, I cannot say I am not convinced.

Comment

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
            Older crowd goes for Rolex.
            Whoa...now I'm really depressed.

Comment

That's the wonder of marketing, isn't it?

Rolex have always been projected as a "I've made it" statement brand. So it's no surprise that its the 'older' crowd who tends to wear them.

And I hardly think the brand is losing its shine... But as Reborn has pointed out, it's about demand and supply. And I must say that there are quite a number of Daytonas flooding around... if Supply exceeds Demand (signs of bad times) then naturally prices will fall.
              The ArmchairEconomist

Comment

Relax, older does not mean "old"

Originally posted by ejaan View Post

Just that Rolex usually symbolises the more established person, while watches like Panerai is for the more trendy.....different market sector.

Comment

Originally posted by ejaan View Post
                  Me worse

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                    Me worse

me same too. I also quite young. lol
                    Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

In short term, Daytona price will go down.

In long term, Daytona price will go up.

Have I answered your question?

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                        In short term, Daytona price will go down.

In long term, Daytona price will go up.

Have I answered your question?
                        Sorry but i still dun understand.. Care to elaborate further pls?

Comment

hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Jupiter View Post
                            IMHO opinion, it means it will go down slowly for the next 2 - 3 years, due to the financial crisis in US and Europe and crashing of stock market all over the world.

BUT, once the tsunami is over, you will se blue skies again, maybe 5 - 10 years down the road. In other words, you need to wait long long for price of SS Daytona to appreciate lor.

Comment

Jupiter First of all... nice to meet you...

Ckay was right...

What I meant is....

116520 prices will go down a bit for this year and next due to the fact that it has went a lot for the past 2 years... it went up to ard $18k at one point of time and now soften to around $17k now... and I guess it may go a little bit lower in the next few months....

On the other hand, once Rolex increase its retail price for their 116520 and the economy return to normal, prices of 116520 will shot up and I can assure you that it will be much than what you are paying now...

For example, I paid $11.8k for a BNIB 16520 ten years ago, sold it for $14.5k a few years ago and now that watch is selling around $20k....

Originally posted by Jupiter View Post

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X