Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Needed: Deepsea, to buy or not to??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed: Deepsea, to buy or not to??

Hi everyone,

I have always wanted to own a Rolex watch. But due to the size of older Sub (40mm), it looks very smaller on me. (Wrist size 7.5")

Then 2 years ago, Rolex finally made something bigger. About time that I can have my first Rolex. The Deepsea at 43mm. However it turn quit disappointing for me. The bracalet is too narrow. (21mm down to 18mm) It makes the watch looks funny. (I don't know if it is just me or someone else share the same thought.) I tried it on on two separate ocassion and I just couldn't do it. Even my wife is laughing at how funny it look.

I still love this watch. Can someone share with me is there alternative bracalet for this love? Can someone in this forum point me a way? I need to own this badly....

Best,
    Eric

Bro, there is a reason why the bracelet is so called "thin." If it is thick, it will be so much heavier and bulky. As it is, it is a hunk of a watch!

For me, I am perfectly comfortable with my Deepsea. It is one of my all time favourites!
    His: AP ROO, Hublot BB, PAM 24/29/183/372, Chopard L.U.C 2000/Mille Miglia, Rolex Milgauss 116400 GV/Sub 16610 LV/1680 "Red Sub"/GMT Master 1675/GMT Master II 16760 "FAT LADY"/Seadweller 16600/DSSD 116660, Tudor 94010 "Snowflake"/94200 "BIG Block"/Heritage Chrono/Black Bay, Omega Seamaster 2254.50/2538.20

Hers: AP ROO & AP Millenary, Cartier Santos, Chopard Happy Sports & Cannes Fest, PAM 49, Rolex Explorer1 214270

Comment

Thanks Bro desfrie!

I know it will be heavier. But model like PAM 328, I find them "Perfect".
      And they are not small in anyway.

Anyway, I went to try it on again. This time and again, my wife laughed and said I really look like 'Ah Long".
      Think I really have to give up.......

Best,
      Eric

Comment

Bro if u ask me,go for it.deepsea is really a very nice watch.its next on my wishlist.
        And if the next time round your wife laughs again,kiss her,at least that will make her stop laughing.lol.
        And with your wrist size, the deepsea should b just right for u

Comment

i suppose it is your look and not the watch look that make you look like ah long...

So far have not encountered any ah long or ah beng sporting deepsea in the various Geylang lorongs....hahaha

Just kidding eh!

Go for the watch that smile or sing to you the loudest!!!!!

Post some pics of your new found love soon eh!!!!
          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

7.5" wrist size is perfect for deepsea. my wrist is 6.5", thus it look really big on me, especially the thickness. bro, go for it.

Comment

Hi Eric,

I have the same problem that you are facing now many years back. My wrist is about the same size as yours. After many years of wearing bigger watches (>44mm), I find the subs too small although they do not look weird to be honest. It is just a mindset and you will get used to the smaller size soon enough and just enjoy the watch.

However I wanted to keep only to the bigger watches so I sold off my sub nd and date on two separate occasions. I kept going back and forth as I really love the look for the subs but just do not like that size. When the DSSD/SDDS was released, it took me awhile to warm up to it as the bracelet does look too small. I was never a fan of bracelet watches anyway. As such, I swapped the bracelet out for various leather/ rubber/ nato strap combos and they work just as well. Try it out if you really want the deepsea and you will love the watch.

Some of my friends who are big fan of the subs hate the size of the deepsea and the 'marketing words' on the watch but its a beautiful technologically advanced watch. Think deep and hard then get it. Lolz

Comment

Hi fren, Deepsea is such a hell of nice watch! For your 7.5 wrist size it will look great.

Try google picture "Beckham + deepsea". Where got look funny?

Comment

yeah bro,
                  i agree with the rest,deepsea is indeed a very nice watch.
                  More so it will match ur 7.5inch wrist.
                  If my wrist is much bigger,i would also go for a deepsea.
                  It abit chunky for me due to my smaller sized wrist.
                  If u need help in getting a deepsea at the lowest price in town,do let me know yeah?

Comment

A big Thank You to all the bro here for your kind encouragment.

I have to agreed with rebbot here. It is the mindset.
                    Before pam surface in the market, 40mm looks like the right size.....

Have a great evening everyone!

Best,
                    Eric

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X