Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Rolex ever come out with a see through case back

Wonder if we will ever get to see a Rolex watch with a see-thru caseback

i doubt so?cuz if thats the case, it will be very difficult to tell between replica and real already... =)

Comment

i tot it will be easiler to tell fake from real with a see thru back?
      simi kangtao?

Comment

New Rolex Prince is see through case back.................................

Comment

woah..cn show pix?

Comment

not for their sport models...but i would be most love to see them coming out with milgruss GV front-back green sapphire.

Comment

Originally posted by urban_11 View Post
              not for their sport models...but i would be most love to see them coming out with milgruss GV front-back green sapphire.
              That would kinda beat the whole purpose of being a Milgauss if there's front and back sapphire sandwich right?

Comment

Why rolex doesn't make open case back? Well, in my opinion, glass case back means water may goes in and rolex is very critical about water resistant their watch. If I'm not wrong, i been hearing ppl saying that wus thats a seller selling watch glass case back custom made for like maybe omega or perhaps rolex.

Comment

panerai has see thru caseback made of sapphire and these watches are rated 300m/30bar
                  panerai is equally critical about water resistance with their history linked to the italian navy seal

Originally posted by ahboy98 View Post
                  Why rolex doesn't make open case back? Well, in my opinion, glass case back means water may goes in and rolex is very critical about water resistant their watch.
                  the reason why rolex doesnt make see thru caseback for their watches is probably because they reckon their movements to be utilitarian workhorses rather than pretty decorated art pieces

anyway, you wont want to look at a rolex movement - they are just plain ugly
                  If Rolex decorated their movements, that would be a different story

Comment

a sales lady in Bucherer told me that Rolex does/did have a transparent case back model.

Comment

just so how are you seeing wat time it is ? it's still through the glass. If they can make the front glass to handle it, i don't see a reason why they can't make the back the same

Comment

Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
                        panerai has see thru caseback made of sapphire and these watches are rated 300m/30bar
                        panerai is equally critical about water resistance with their history linked to the italian navy seal

the reason why rolex doesnt make see thru caseback for their watches is probably because they reckon their movements to be utilitarian workhorses rather than pretty decorated art pieces

Agree with you, most probably the 'engineering' department doesn't talk to the 'design' department

Comment

well, if rolex ever has a commercial model with a see through case back, i would really love to see it & maybe get one for myself haha...

Rolex owner since 2010
                          Previously owned:
                          Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
                          GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
                          Current collection:
                          Datejust 36(116234) V serial
                          GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
                          Upcoming/Wishlist:
                          "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

is there a design department in rolex ?

Originally posted by infinitypws View Post
                            Agree with you, most probably the 'engineering' department doesn't talk to the 'design' department

Comment

Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post

Can we open the Rolex case back, take a look at the movement without voiding the Warranty?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X