Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Datejust Rolex has a hologram rolex logo on the 6th hour glass ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Datejust Rolex has a hologram rolex logo on the 6th hour glass ?

Wana check with all the gurus here if all sub no date y series have rolex etching on the sapphire crystal?

cos i have heard/seen in some forums that only those frm Y8**** onwards will have rolex etching.. while earlier ones will not have...

thanks man

toompang here abit. how to c te etching on te glass? which models hv?

kamsia

Comment

depending on the angle under strong light or sun ray. Enjoy
      Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

anybody knows when did rolex started this etching on the crystal? Which series of watches onwards had this feature?

Thanks

Comment

It goes like this...

In the year 2002, ROLEX introduced a new security characteristic because counterfeits were getting better and better. It is known as the "laser coronet" in the sapphire crystal. It is located at the lower edge of the crystal at 6 o'clock position and is so small that one can hardly see it with the naked eye. It can be found most simply if you take a look from the opposite side with strong oblique light directed upon the crystal. Only a small mark on the crystal can be seen, which, if viewed with the help of a magnifying loupe, becomes a coronet.

However, the introduction of the laser coronet was done step by step. It was not introduced for all models at the same time. It only started with the Submariner ND, Air King, Explorer and Daytona models. Other models followed with the 'Y' series (in 2002). Some sources reported that the introduction lasted until the end of year 2003, perhaps even until the beginning of year 2004. If you buy a new ROLEX watch now, the laser coronet can be found on every models. Watches manufactured between 2002 and the beginning of 2004 possessed this security characteristic, but depending on the model reference, it may not be present.

With an exchange of the sapphire crystal, this laser coronet is present in the new crystal. The coronet looks however slightly different: Within the laser coronet there is an additional "S" lasered ("s" means changed by service). Although ROLEX introduced the laser coronet as its new security characteristic, it did not take long to find counterfeits with a coronet in the crystal.

At this time, it is "only" a corroded or etched coronet with a thicker, more constant structure as a result. You can recognize these with the naked eye easily and therefore it is quite easy to expose a counterfeit. However, it is only a question of time when better laser coronets occur in the counterfeit market and the laser coronet on its own is no 100% identification of a genuine watch.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I hv been trying very hard to spot the etching and finally saw it today. Fortunately, I hv my camera in hand and here it is:

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

wah bro ...u have a great camera ....i have tough time even using a 10X magnifying glass to see .....

BTW guru .... any idea of the meaning of 3 dots as normally appear on the Sub series but also on my M series Daytona ??

does that mean Daytona also rated to 300m ?? But manual only indicate 100m..

Thks a lot
              U get Rolex to complement your achievements.

U deserved no less ....

Comment

I think you can get your answer if you do a search here.

Cheers!
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Question Abt the Hologram Crown Logo on the Sapphire Crystal Glass ???

Hi all Pro & Super Lao Jiao,

I would like to know from what series onward does the Rolex start to introduce the laser etch Hologram Crown Logo at the index 6 position of the Sapphire Crystal Glass?

Pls kindly advise

Thks a lot for your promptly input.
                  New ROLEXY on the Blog

Wishlist
                  1) Yach-Master (16622)
                  2) Explorer II - Black/White (216570)
                  3) Submariner TTc (116613LB)

Madness
                  The ITCH is getting worse & incurable

Repentance
                  I let go my beloved U-Series Sub (16610) for the newcomers.

Comment

I think is F or D series onwards ....

Comment

This was just brought up in another thread, or somewhere here. Please search for it.
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I have found an easy way to see the 5 match stick Logo's laser etching. You need a torchlight for example the mini maglite with fresh battery. Shine the light at the 6 O'clock at an angle about45deg from face of the dial. Adjust your angle slowly and you will be able to see the Logo. However if you want to see it more clearly then you need the magnification.

Have fun

Comment

I've posted a pic of it in the forum.
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                            I've posted a pic of it in the forum.
                            Can i hv the link pls

Thks a lot
                            New ROLEXY on the Blog

Wishlist
                            1) Yach-Master (16622)
                            2) Explorer II - Black/White (216570)
                            3) Submariner TTc (116613LB)

Madness
                            The ITCH is getting worse & incurable

Repentance
                            I let go my beloved U-Series Sub (16610) for the newcomers.

Comment

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php...hlight=etching
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X