Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions regarding a Submariner 1680 1980

Hi,

Can anyone help med sort out a few things regarding my Rolex Submariner model 1680 with early 6 million serial number (1980)?

1. The watch was according to Rolex Geneva shipped from factory to Singapore in 1980. History stops there.... I bought the watch some years ago and it is still in daily use above and under the sea! It's built to be used - no mercy here! But's it's in great shape and a great classic!

2. The world is full of Rolex boxes... Can anyone please tell me what would be the correct outer box design and inner box number for a Submariner model 1680 sold in Singapore in 1980 or possibly 1981? It's really difficult to find out what the correct box should be - I have seen same period watches with at least three different box styles (sand/seahorse, green/gold (US), moon-landscape). There is even a sand/blue shell box seen on a few occasions with a booklet sleeve on top.

3. The other missing bit is the "Your Oyster booklet". Two designs here: White booklet with blue shell (70's? up to?) or the black/red design of the early eigthies (from 1979 in Europe). Any idea what was used in the Singapore market?

I would very much appreciate any help as I try to identify the missing pieces to a complete package. I have the original tags, the original anchor (still in its plastic bag - rare now!), the plastic warranty holder and the Submariner booklet.

Thanks a lot!

Regards

Oyvind
    Norway/Europe
    Last edited by triton; 13-10-08, 06:59 PM.

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X