Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! My rolex crown wont unscrew after I dropped it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! My rolex crown wont unscrew after I dropped it.

I dropped my rolex on the floor yesterday, it was a fairly hard drop, about 1m high to marble floor. Now my crown won't unscrew and I'm worried. Can anyone explain why? Thank you.
    I hope I don't get struck by lightning. - Barbarella

I suggest bringing it to RSC for a check... Or Top Hour at lucky plaza if u afraid of high repairing cost at RSC...
    Current:
    No More Liao...

Comment

Thank you bro. It still runs perfectly but I don't know why can't unscrew.

Comment

I suggest u not try to unscrew it, as it might do more damage then good... Sometimes certain things is better leaving it to the pro...
        Current:
        No More Liao...

Comment

Sorry to hear that. If it's unable to be screwed, don't force it. It may make matters worse. Since it's dropped and damaged, better send to RSC for servicing. Sometimes, you have to pay to get things fixed.

Comment

I guess the crown may have landed on the ground first and "locked" it with the watch.

Send for servicing.

Comment

Update : went down to a reputable watch repair shop. He said the crown and the "stem" on the crown need to be changed. Cost $70 for everything, but the crown is 2nd handed when he changed for me, not in mint looking condition, but works perfectly.

Overall am satisfied that my watch is fixed. But the crown looks quiet rugged.

Comment

Guess you have a choice to replace with a used crown or send it to RSC. But i consider $70 reasonable. You can enjoy your watch again.

Originally posted by Explorer Reporting View Post
                Update : went down to a reputable watch repair shop. He said the crown and the "stem" on the crown need to be changed. Cost $70 for everything, but the crown is 2nd handed when he changed for me, not in mint looking condition, but works perfectly.

Overall am satisfied that my watch is fixed. But the crown looks quiet rugged.

Comment

Lucky only the winding stem and the crown and only $70. Glad your watch is back to normal.

Comment

Glad to hear it got repaired... U can alway change the crown again at RSC if you find it unsightly.
                    Current:
                    No More Liao...

Comment

Thanks guys, you all been very encouraging and helpful during this horrible ordeal. Glad its over now. =)

Comment

Brand new crown is $150 from most of the dealer.

For me i go for 2nd hand crown.

Comment

Picture please.

Comment

crown wun unscrew

go to rolex centre? dun waste your time n money lah! Mr Lim at people's park can settled for $200 plus.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X