Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex Datejust "Meteor Dial"

HI all,

tis is my first post and i would like to seek some advice as i;ve just seen a boy size "meteor face" with diamonds at one of the AD. Was quoted $10k after discount.

Just wanna know if its feasible buying this piece as i liked the design but my secondary likes are the blue computer face dial with diamonds at the cost of abt $8200 (New) imported. THere's a second hand blue computer dial with diamonds quoting at $7800 (local).

Pls give me your most valuable opinons as i'm not really a Rolex expert. WIll i stand to lose out much after a couple of years if i buy either one of the above mentioned watches?

Many Thanks.

Hmm...pretty ok price for the datejust brand new with meteorite face.

The imported 1 also is good price...but the 2nd hand 1 is like not worth it man totally.

But tell u first la...buy what you like. But usually datejust...best to buy and keep. That's my $0.02

Not saying that resale is bad...but it's just that it's not AS IN demand as compared to some sports models..but it's a very nice piece I would say.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

meteorite dial...... i been searching high and low. hope to find one for me full size DJ .

i believe meteorite dial will retain its value because it is not very common, also if i am correct, it is very hard to obtain. of course anyone want to correct me
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Got the imported px for the metoerite dial boy size with diamonds. Off 23% @ $9700. Cost maybe $900 more than the one at AD. Contemplating which one to get now....... Sigh..... To me actually no diff coz its the same Rolex after all but S'pore culture and resale market will be diff. Everything has to be s'pore agent warranty huh....

Comment

Meteorite Dial

Beware, Meteorite Dial can crack very easily, when you accidentally drop your watch on floor I had just crack my precious lapis dial.....

Comment

Originally posted by zvvz View Post
            HI all,

tis is my first post and i would like to seek some advice as i;ve just seen a boy size "meteor face" with diamonds at one of the AD. Was quoted $10k after discount.

Just wanna know if its feasible buying this piece as i liked the design but my secondary likes are the blue computer face dial with diamonds at the cost of abt $8200 (New) imported. THere's a second hand blue computer dial with diamonds quoting at $7800 (local).

Pls give me your most valuable opinons as i'm not really a Rolex expert. WIll i stand to lose out much after a couple of years if i buy either one of the above mentioned watches?

Many Thanks.

Definitely, you will stand to lose big time on a gold or diamond encrusted Rolex. Don't buy unless you really like and don't mind keeping and wearing it forever. SS Sports model Rolexes are a much better bet in terms of value retention.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC View Post
              Beware, Meteorite Dial can crack very easily, when you accidentally drop your watch on floor I had just crack my precious lapis dial.....
              this is news to me..... very ....... i thought it would be relatively hard being a rock.
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Heard that MOP dials also cracks easily but i think its more abt how we take care of our watches huh.... Anyway bought the meteorite alrdy... $10188...
                Heehee.... wish i know how to post a pic here.... thks bros....

Comment

Originally posted by zvvz View Post
                  Heard that MOP dials also cracks easily but i think its more abt how we take care of our watches huh.... Anyway bought the meteorite alrdy... $10188...
                  Heehee.... wish i know how to post a pic here.... thks bros....
                  bro, send your pic to me at cymonmill@gmail.com . will try to put up for you.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X