X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oyster perpetual Date Just 18k

Hi all,

I'm a rolex noob.

Just got this watch, Oyster perpetual Datejust 18k, handed down to me.

It is about 40 years old.

Basically just wanted to know if there's any value to it.

Also, where is a good place to get it serviced and improve the condition of such a watch.

many thanks,

Should be 1601-8.

Value will depend on conditions

Box and paper?

I value 4-5k.

Comment

Originally posted by chilling View Post
      Hi all,

I'm a rolex noob.

Just got this watch, Oyster perpetual Datejust 18k, handed down to me.

It is about 40 years old.

Basically just wanted to know if there's any value to it.

Also, where is a good place to get it serviced and improve the condition of such a watch.

many thanks,
      Hey,

First things first. As usual, what I always tell everyone who asks me this question.

Keep the watch, I won't suggest you to sell it off for cash or use it to trade in for another. Cos sentimental value, whoever handed it down to you...is priceless.

That aside, now to talk about prices.

Which model is it? Does it look like...?

1)

2)

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Hi

No box n papers. And I can't see any numbers on the case except for 18k on the back of the case and strap.

It looks most like the last picture. Except the numbers are diamonds. And the bezel is different design. It's more grainy, smaller and wavy texture if that makes sense.

Just wanted to know if it was worth spending a bit of money to get it services. Eg I want to get it serviced, cleaned, polish and replace the crystal.

Was thinking that if its gold, just the bracelet would be worth some value???

So is it worth spending a bit to do it up and how much do u think I will need to spend?

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by chilling View Post
          Hi

No box n papers. And I can't see any numbers on the case except for 18k on the back of the case and strap.

It looks most like the last picture. Except the numbers are diamonds. And the bezel is different design. It's more grainy, smaller and wavy texture if that makes sense.

Just wanted to know if it was worth spending a bit of money to get it services. Eg I want to get it serviced, cleaned, polish and replace the crystal.

Was thinking that if its gold, just the bracelet would be worth some value???

So is it worth spending a bit to do it up and how much do u think I will need to spend?

Many thanks

This with diamond bezel?

It's totally worth it to fix it up but do you want to do it in RSC only? Because there are cheaper alternative out there but...some prefer going back to RSC.

Just the bracelet is of quite some value already. If you were to sell the watch as a whole, probably you can fetch near the region of 10k.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks for your help and very quick reponses. Much appreciated

Cheers

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X