authentification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• authentification

Bros, what is the charges like if i send my rolex for authentification? will they give a certificate?of simply just verbally say OK?

Different ROLEX and Tudor watch models; different charges. Generally, it's $100 + $7 (GST). They will not issue any certificate to commit that a watch is authentic. Rather, they will issue you a receipt for the service of authenticating the watch, which for many years, has been accepted as a form of authenticity. Why?

It is a known fact previously that the ROLEX Service Centre (RSC) will not accept a watch that is not real/original for any service. And hence, no receipt was issued on that ground. I'm not so sure if there are any recent policy changes in RSC. You can call and check with them.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

many thanks bros!

Comment

do note that if a rolex model does not come with a particular type of bezel/dial, and the watch has that part (genuine). RSC has the right to refuse to accept the watch.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I am thinking of getting a pre owned rolly and would like to know the standard practice of authenticating with the seller. since RSC takes overnight to authenticate, what is the usual arrangement between seller and buyer for this nowadays? does buyer need to give seller a deposit, or buy first and send himself to RSC (if problem later how?)

Comment

tks but what happens if RSC says its not authentic, buyer already paid seller in this case?

Comment

what i did was turn up with the seller bright and early when RSC opened. brought it in for verification, went for breakfast, went back to check. they were done, but hadn't called us yet.

In general though, i think the accepted protocol is whoever wants to get it verified (usually the seller) will have to pay, and perhaps both of you can turn up at the same time again to complete the transaction.

Comment

buying preowned:

1. buy the seller - his knowledge of what he is selling, his patience with answering ur questions, his honesty with disclosing all known history and condition and his willingness to have authentication/verification done.
                2. negotiate a buyback clause or inspection period in-writing i.e. 3 day full refund period for authentication/verification or buy back at e.g. 10% less of what u're agreeing to pay. if the seller refuses, then u should also refuse to buy.

in saying this, one alternative i haven't seen mentioned yet is to have a watch verified by an independent watchmaker. it is almost instant on-the-spot and u can always have a look at the open case and inspect the movement urself, and all for substantially less than S$107.
                Live for Greatness

Comment

based on my dealings with buyers, RSC used to be the meeting place to deal until last year when they changed policy (and attitude) that no more authentication on the spot "come back next day to collect" or worse "wait for our call"

share with you some of the interesting ideas of what all the bros I dealt with did to get authentication (all very smart people

1) some of the bros here are "Rolex Masters" so they will perform their own authentication on the spot and also because we know each other.

2) bring a friend who has a similar watch that they intend to buy from me,
                  both potential buyer and "Rolex Master" friend will authenticate, I have the tool to open the back case for them to view even the movement.

3) still go RSC but not for authentication, just send the watch in and ask if watch needs servicing and costs, if they come back with quote means good enough for some buyers.

4) meet at a watch repair shop that the buyer is familiar with (I'm fine with anyone,anyplace),for your information some of the watch repair guys are ex-rolex technicians.

my view is method (4) is more reliable and practical.

As for me , I focus on collecting 18K Rollies (mainly the Day Dates), I stopped going to RSC because none of the fakes, jewelers aftermarket pieces come close to the real deal, in my view the gold Rollies are easier to authenticate from the stainless steel pieces.

even the 916 gold president bracelet from goldsmith shops don't come anywhere close to the real deal.
                  Those who own one can tell, no need to be Rolex Masters
                  My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
                  1) WG DIA 18239
                  2) YG DIA 18238
                  3) WG 18239
                  4) YG 18238
                  5) YG 18248G Bark
                  6) WG DIA 18039
                  7) WG 18039
                  8) YG 18038
                  9) Tridor DIA 18039B
                  10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
                  11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
                  12) WG 1803
                  13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
                  1)GMT II 116718 18K
                  2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
                  1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
                  2)D15037 14k
                  3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Limm View Post
                    based on my dealings with buyers, RSC used to be the meeting place to deal until last year when they changed policy (and attitude) that no more authentication on the spot "come back next day to collect" or worse "wait for our call"

share with you some of the interesting ideas of what all the bros I dealt with did to get authentication (all very smart people

1) some of the bros here are "Rolex Masters" so they will perform their own authentication on the spot and also because we know each other.

2) bring a friend who has a similar watch that they intend to buy from me,
                    both potential buyer and "Rolex Master" friend will authenticate, I have the tool to open the back case for them to view even the movement.

3) still go RSC but not for authentication, just send the watch in and ask if watch needs servicing and costs, if they come back with quote means good enough for some buyers.

4) meet at a watch repair shop that the buyer is familiar with (I'm fine with anyone,anyplace),for your information some of the watch repair guys are ex-rolex technicians.

my view is method (4) is more reliable and practical.

As for me , I focus on collecting 18K Rollies (mainly the Day Dates), I stopped going to RSC because none of the fakes, jewelers aftermarket pieces come close to the real deal, in my view the gold Rollies are easier to authenticate from the stainless steel pieces.

even the 916 gold president bracelet from goldsmith shops don't come anywhere close to the real deal.
                    Those who own one can tell, no need to be Rolex Masters

Hi bro,
                    is it convenient to PM me some of the contacts you have mentioned in method 4?
                    Thanks in advance

Comment

if buyer and seller chooses to deal outside RSC, do note that if the technician says the watch is authenticated, deal goes through. then 2 days later buyer goes to RSC and say this particular part is not genuine, then how? buyer will be @ losing end.

for those who choose to go 3rd party, be aware of the risk(s). i am not saying these 3rd party technicians are not trustworthy but accidents can happen. i have witness right before my own eyes, a watch technician who probably handles close to 10 rolex a day and one seller went to him with a 6694 to sell. technician look through the watch, everything ok. paid the seller money. 20 mins later, have another look and said "aiya".

for those who ask for recommendation, know the risks involved. evaluate your options and decide what is best for yourself.
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                        if buyer and seller chooses to deal outside RSC, do note that if the technician says the watch is authenticated, deal goes through. then 2 days later buyer goes to RSC and say this particular part is not genuine, then how? buyer will be @ losing end.

for those who choose to go 3rd party, be aware of the risk(s). i am not saying these 3rd party technicians are not trustworthy but accidents can happen. i have witness right before my own eyes, a watch technician who probably handles close to 10 rolex a day and one seller went to him with a 6694 to sell. technician look through the watch, everything ok. paid the seller money. 20 mins later, have another look and said "aiya".

for those who ask for recommendation, know the risks involved. evaluate your options and decide what is best for yourself.
                        Would like to ask. The watch is replica or some parts are non-original? Curious how an experience technicians could make such a mistake.

Comment

the watch in concern was not a replica, it is parts.

i am not a technician myself, so i cannot answer the questions how they can make mistake.

Originally posted by jieming View Post
                          Would like to ask. The watch is replica or some parts are non-original? Curious how an experience technicians could make such a mistake.

kindly email with
                          2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X