Got my hands on a really good condition Rail dial...BUT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my hands on a really good condition Rail dial...BUT

Hi bro's - I manged to get a 5.3M series. The watch looks immaculate. However I noticed that the tritium does not glow anymore.

Is this normal and is there any way to "recharge" the tritium?

S/N

Pictures to follow

Don't think it should glow unless it has been relumed.... I do not suggest tht you relume the markers as it defeats the purpose of owning a vintage.

Mine does not glow anymore

Comment

Totally agree and the dial is Rail Dial too. So basically dont tkae this watch anywhere near rolex service centre

Comment

Originally posted by singapore_nomad View Post
        Totally agree and the dial is Rail Dial too. So basically dont tkae this watch anywhere near rolex service centre
        You can request for RSC not to touch the dial and hands when servicing

Comment

I guess now its the decision to wear the watch or keep it in its prestine condition. I have not seen too many rail dials in this kind of condition..

Comment

Wear it lah bro. No point buying a watch and not wearing it?

Comment

Originally posted by nim
              buy to keep
              Nim are you suggeting to leave it in the safe? Im just interested to see peoples opinions on this...

Comment

I leave my 1963 Rose gold Day Date another another 2 mint 1803 with the rail dials in the bank safe. sits in an air tight container and it is 50 years old and in mint condition so I intend to sentence the watch to prison for another 50 years haha!

I have a record card of when to service the movement, when that time comes i will remove the bracelet, ask the service guy to remove the case and dial and just leave the movement with them at the shop.everything else I am taking back cos not going to polish it or take any chances.

my reasoning is this...you can find plenty of worn bad shape vintage pieces but to find one in mint condition is very rare, so keep it in that condition!

if you start wearing it as a daily beater, very soon it will become just another worn beaten vintage.
                My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
                1) WG DIA 18239
                2) YG DIA 18238
                3) WG 18239
                4) YG 18238
                5) YG 18248G Bark
                6) WG DIA 18039
                7) WG 18039
                8) YG 18038
                9) Tridor DIA 18039B
                10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
                11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
                12) WG 1803
                13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
                1)GMT II 116718 18K
                2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
                1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
                2)D15037 14k
                3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

waiting for pics... thanks for sharing!
                  I'm in bad company........

Comment

Hope to see your beautiful vintage pics soon.

I m vintage newbie, but just a thought.

A lot of corrosion comes from oil going places it shouldn't be.
                    For long term storage maybe can clean and assembled movement without oil?
                    Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Yeah some pics will be nice man......

For me I like to keep my watches on my wrist .....

Comment

I put the 1655 on a tropical nato and took it for a test drive today :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Limm View Post
                          I leave my 1963 Rose gold Day Date another another 2 mint 1803 with the rail dials in the bank safe. sits in an air tight container and it is 50 years old and in mint condition so I intend to sentence the watch to prison for another 50 years haha!

I have a record card of when to service the movement, when that time comes i will remove the bracelet, ask the service guy to remove the case and dial and just leave the movement with them at the shop.everything else I am taking back cos not going to polish it or take any chances.

my reasoning is this...you can find plenty of worn bad shape vintage pieces but to find one in mint condition is very rare, so keep it in that condition!

if you start wearing it as a daily beater, very soon it will become just another worn beaten vintage.
                          Hi - sorry for the stupid question; Why would you remove the movement and only keep the case and dial? Wouldnt the watch be more worth in full?

Comment

Originally posted by singapore_nomad View Post
                            I put the 1655 on a tropical nato and took it for a test drive today :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                            I love this watch! Can not believe this was not a hit when it launched. I had a look at the new Explorer II, IMO the fat hands just dont look right..

Comment

Looks good mate. Trust that you should enjoy it more as you wear it more often!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X