Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello and a few questions

Hi all,
    This is my first post and really appreciate everybody comments. In fact I'm glad to have found this forum where all the nice people and good informations come together. I'd heard of Rolex for quite sometime and no doubt there are tons of info on the net, but I would prefer to hear from the experts here. Afterall, this is what the forums are for. Nice people with nice information. Since I'd posted on the Rolex forum, I'm curious to know the following:
    Take Daytona's, Submariner and GMT for example ( assuming all are SS ), why are there so much difference in price? Is there anything special which require a Daytona' to sell at a higher price than a GMT or Sub? After all, they are all diver's watch with a stainless steel body? What's the reason behind for these huge price difference?
    I'd went thru this forum a few times and I must agree that some of the brothers selling their pre own watch at a very reasonable price. However, I'd seen cases where they specify no lowballing. So in order not to offend any friends over here, how much or how many percent is considered lowballing? It is better to have some info rather than to offend friends over here.
    I believe I have much to learn here and would appreciate those lao Jiao's can help me and finally apologise for the lengthy post
    Thanks,
    Bemyself

Originally posted by bemyself View Post
    Hi all,
    Take Daytona's, Submariner and GMT for example ( assuming all are SS ), why are there so much difference in price? Is there anything special which require a Daytona' to sell at a higher price than a GMT or Sub? After all, they are all diver's watch with a stainless steel body? What's the reason behind for these huge price difference?
    Bemyself
    Only the Submariner is a diver's watch. The GMT Master is a watch that is able to keep track of multiple time zones while the Daytona is a timepiece with both timekeeping and stopwatch functions.

Comment

Movt is different for the 3 watches..

SS Daytona Black Dial,
      SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
      SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
      SS SD,
      SS YM,
      SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Hi ejaan and tomcatf,
        Thanks for the valuable information. didn't know that these 3 are actually different category class of watch.
        By the way tomcatf, do you mean that different movement will determine the cost of the watch also?
        Thanks

Comment

well for example....... a chronograph movement has more parts than one that tells time only.....

more parts = more complication = usually more expensive....
          the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
          visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

More complicated the movt will be difficult to design and construct, hence the price.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
            SS SD,
            SS YM,
            SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Thanks once again for the informative answer. That really make sense regarding the parts and movement. I believe there're lots to learn from all the rolex master here
              Thanks

Comment

Not at all, learning and sharing are the spirit of this forum, it will only make us better day to day by the informal connection, so that watch makers' can no longer fool us but to produce better watches, sellers and dealers will give us better offer price for our watche collection in future...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                SS SD,
                SS YM,
                SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

sorry to ask also.

Sub and GMT, the price also diff.
                  Sub more expensive right? but GMT more functions...

Comment

Originally posted by jayeho View Post
                    sorry to ask also.

Sub and GMT, the price also diff.
                    Sub more expensive right? but GMT more functions...
                    Sub cheaper...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Sub

oh! ....

thanks angel!

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                      Sub cheaper...

Comment

Thanks tomcatf again for the positive encouragement. Another question that had been bugging me for a long time is that when it comes to 2 tone, I understand that the 2 tone which are stainless steel and gold ( either 14 or 18K), the stainless will be a piece of solid stainless steel but how about the gold? is it solid gold or just gold plated on the bracelet or the case?
                        And when darkangel said that GMT is more expensive, what will be the price for a 2 tone GMT latest model at the local AD?
                        Sorry if these had been asked many times and once again, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bemyself View Post
                          Thanks tomcatf again for the positive encouragement. Another question that had been bugging me for a long time is that when it comes to 2 tone, I understand that the 2 tone which are stainless steel and gold ( either 14 or 18K), the stainless will be a piece of solid stainless steel but how about the gold? is it solid gold or just gold plated on the bracelet or the case?
                          And when darkangel said that GMT is more expensive, what will be the price for a 2 tone GMT latest model at the local AD?
                          Sorry if these had been asked many times and once again, thanks
                          Most of the pieces are 18k except for the older batches.

It's SOLID GOLD.

I think for TT GMT II it's ard 13k...after disc or before i forgot

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Thanks Darkangel on the information. Heard lots about you and your experience on Rolex. Very impressive for a young guy
                            Bemyself

Comment

GMT IIC BNIB is about 12.5k, occasionaly people selling cheaper than this in the forum.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                              SS SD,
                              SS YM,
                              SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...