Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Used Rolex with Box and Papers verification?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used Rolex with Box and Papers verification?

If second hand Rolex comes with box and papers/cert would you still get it verified at RSC, if your not familiar with the seller?

of coz, you just have to pay.
    Don't trust anyone too much, even your own shadow leave you when you are in darkness.

Comment

In know you have to pay, but the question is if it comes with papers is there no need to get it verified?, or would you still get it verified for peace of mind?

Comment

It is a personal choice. Some will; some don't. It's like you're asking if people will prefer their fried carrot cake black/white

Since you've stated that you're not familiar with the seller, then get it verified for a peace of mind

Good luck
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by primera View Post
          In know you have to pay, but the question is if it comes with papers is there no need to get it verified?, or would you still get it verified for peace of mind?
          personally for me depends. if its a daytona or something that will set me back by quite a few grand i will. if its a 6694 or something lower end of 1-2 grand, as long as the case head match the paper no. im fine.
          Don't trust anyone too much, even your own shadow leave you when you are in darkness.

Comment

Originally posted by nim
            Buying new direct from ADs will eliminate these worries
            with that being the obvious, there are models that are not available at ADs.

Comment

Originally posted by primera View Post
              For me it depends on the value of the watch and how much I know about the watch (i.e. do I feel comfortable with just doing a visual verification of the external myself). Age of the watch does matter to me as well, as I feel the older the watch, the higher chance "something" might have been done to the watch, especially for Rolex watches where 3rd party parts are quite easily available.

Some might say no matter how experienced you are, you may not spot the AAA grade fake, or, how to be sure if you never check the movement blah blah blah...so yes, it's a calculated risk that I take when I choose not to send a watch for authentication.

In your situation, if the watch is expensive enough to you and the seller is an individual and not a shop, my advice is that you send the watch for authentication.
              Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Exactly..like to know which AD that still selling 6694s currently....obviously someone has not been able to read properly early in the morning....
                Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

If say now I want to get a 16710, can you advise me which local or overseas AD will have? I have visited all local AD, all say discontinued and no stock. I do not travel and do not have connections with overseas AD, so i can only depend on local AD and ask friends to help. However, over the past 2 years, there is no overseas AD that has this model in stock. Unless you have resources to get discontinued models brand new from AD, if not how you going to buy new from AD?

You keep asking people to buy brand new from AD, however not everyone has the budget to buy the piece they want brand new regardless if local AD or from gray dealers. So the next best option is look for preown pieces to suit budget.

Originally posted by nim
                  Buying new direct from ADs will eliminate these worries

Comment

From TS's point of view:-
                    It depend on the "risk or confidence" a person is willing to take...
                    I think it is abit like buying insurance:--some ppl dont need an Insurance Coverage, but some will pay a premium to Cover themselves
                    By searching thru this forum,,,,u will also find that there are various source available to conduct verification, and not just RSC itself.
                    Life is Tough...
                    Work Hard...Play Harder

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X