Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member of SG-ROC

Hello all at SG-ROC,

I've joined this forum recently and have been reading quietly for the past weeks. My family loves Rolex & I have 2 pieces. However, I'm still a greenhorn, therefore I can't regconise my models haha.. Look forward to learn more and find out more info about Rolex from the seniors here

I have some questions and hope someone can advise me..

I searched in this forum for a Rolex repair/service shop but couldn't find it. I'm not sure whether I can post the shop name in public? I wanna find out any reviews about this shop.

I need to repair & service 1 of my Rolex. Should I go to RSC or recommended shop listed in the forum?

If I go to other shops, will they use real 100% Rolex parts in the repair?

Thanks!!
    sigpic

Hey bro! Welcome!

Maybe you can try PM-ing horoloyfanatic? he's does repair and servicing of watches.

RSC is more expensive...but if you are ok with parting with the money...by all means

Well the 100% real parts...if you worry then go RSC

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

for me,when come to rolex i sure go to RSC...dun like to go 3rd parties...lol
      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

maybe minor touch up you go to 3rd party, come to intense rebuilds .... you go RSC
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
          for me,when come to rolex i sure go to RSC...dun like to go 3rd parties...lol
          hihi, me too. For Rolex, i prefer to send to service centre. Places i go for repairing my Tag Heuer watches are not realiable even simple resizing can damage the watch . Wth, so for rolex, i prefer RSC ba and waste more $$
          Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Hi teojimmy, Personally it depends on you if you prefer to send your watch to RSC or to a reputable 3rd party (it must be someone you can trust & be comfortable with) to service your watch. My rollies are brought from a pre-owned dealer and if it is time for servicing, I will no doubt sent it back to my dealer for servicing rather than RSC which will cost me a bombshell. Look around the threads in sg-roc and maybe you can decide better after you see other bros & sisters comments.

Comment

I sent 1 of my Datejust to RSC for a repair/service quotation..
              According to 1 of the ladies, my model number is 1601. Should be 10 years plus watch.

However I found out from the technician that my bracelet is not the real Rolex one. The technician also found a hairline crack & abit of corrosion on the head.

Was quoted $2,010.00 by RSC to overhaul, service & polish etc.

I would like to seek comments whether it is worth to do it? Or should I change the bracelet to original Rolex one? RSC got sell?

By the way, when I pulled the crown out from this watch, its second hand is still moving.. Also I must turn 24 hours then the Date will turn. A 3rd party Rolex repair shop told me this is normal, is it true?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by teojimmy View Post
                According to 1 of the ladies, my model number is 1601. Should be 10 years plus watch.

However I found out from the technician that my bracelet is not the real Rolex one. The technician also found a hairline crack & abit of corrosion on the head.

I would like to seek comments whether it is worth to do it? Or should I change the bracelet to original Rolex one? RSC got sell?

By the way, when I pulled the crown out from this watch, its second hand is still moving.. Also I must turn 24 hours then the Date will turn. A 3rd party Rolex repair shop told me this is normal, is it true?
                1601 is usually 20+ year old...

Non authentic bracelet is not that big of a problem...it's possible to source for a preowned 1 at ard 300-400. Brand new costs $751 from RSC.

Ok I tell you first la...another preowned 1601 also cost ard 2-3k. At that cost might as well get another 1 already.

So 2 things...I ask u. Does it have sentimental value? Are you willing to let someone outside do the job? because it will definitely be at a fraction of the cost.

When you unscrew the crown..and havent pull the crown out yet to the position that can change time...it should move. Once it can change the time..it should not move.

Yes you have to turn 24 hrs then can change date because it's not quick set.

Comment

depending on whether your watch has sentimental value. if have, you may want to do at RSC....... as good as brand new watch.

if you search for one of my threads, you can see after and before pics of my classic 6694
                  Blue 6694
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

the thread for your comparison http://sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=3043
                    Blue 6694
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                      depending on whether your watch has sentimental value. if have, you may want to do at RSC....... as good as brand new watch.

if you search for one of my threads, you can see after and before pics of my classic 6694
                      Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                      the thread for your comparison http://sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=3043
                      Thanks. My watch no sentimental value. So will give it a miss. I rather buy another watch.
                      Saw your 6694, RSC really did a great job!
                      sigpic

Comment

He also did a gd job destorying it and testing the capabilities of his Rolex

Comment

On Hacking Function & Quick Set

Originally posted by teojimmy View Post

Some points which may be helpful:
                          1) When you pull the crown out, and the second is still moving, it means your
                          watch does not have a hacking function which was introduced around 1972. So your watch should be normal for it age
                          2) You must date the 24 for the date to change. This is known as non-quick
                          set. Quick was only introduced in late 70s. Once again, your watch is normal
                          for its age.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                            He also did a gd job destorying it and testing the capabilities of his Rolex
                            its called accident ok.
                            Blue 6694
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

hahaha..exp accident u had there..
                              Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X