• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
    u mean to create categories like :

Vintage rolex
    Professional watches

etc etc etc ??
    yes... but you can spell what these sub-cats cover...
    e.g. if you have a submariner thread and 5 posts are added to the thread a day... that's easily 30-35 a week... after 2 weeks its impossible follow!

and I feel some of the non-rolex categories can be merged...

Comment

Originally posted by keltzar View Post
      yes... but you can spell what these sub-cats cover...
      e.g. if you have a submariner thread and 5 posts are added to the thread a day... that's easily 30-35 a week... after 2 weeks its impossible follow!

and I feel some of the non-rolex categories can be merged...

Like which categories ??
      A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Hi good morning to all.

Good to see a forum dedicated to Rolex in Singapore. Hope I can learn from you guys here.

Just a note to admin & forummers. Rolex Geneva takes a very serious view on IP of their brand. They hold the rights to the logo, name & every form of official adverts & pics from the catalogues. They will uphold the law when necessary unless permission is seeked & approved. So, don't just scan a pic from the catalogue & start pasting all over That's as far as I know.

I happen to know a lawyer that represents them & believe me they have a big bank account set aside to deal with all these & lawyers are only too happy to use it.

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Passions View Post
          Hi good morning to all.

Good to see a forum dedicated to Rolex in Singapore. Hope I can learn from you guys here.

Just a note to admin & forummers. Rolex Geneva takes a very serious view on IP of their brand. They hold the rights to the logo, name & every form of official adverts & pics from the catalogues. They will uphold the law when necessary unless permission is seeked & approved. So, don't just scan a pic from the catalogue & start pasting all over That's as far as I know.

I happen to know a lawyer that represents them & believe me they have a big bank account set aside to deal with all these & lawyers are only too happy to use it.

Jon

Hi Jonathan, you're the boss from Passions ya? Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the note above.

Louis, perhaps including a clause to say that we are not affiliated with Rolex Geneva would help? Anyway, do hope Jon, you can provide us some guide as to how to avoid any unnecessary issues with Rolex Geneva?

Thanks in advance... cheers..
          Last edited by nottinghill; 11-07-07, 07:19 AM.
          Rolex TT Submariner Date Blue Dial (Ref#116613LB)
          Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (Ref#116660)
          Rolex 18K/SS Oyster Perpetual Datejust (Ref#16233)
          Omega Seamaster 300M Chrono (Ref#2920.80.91)

Comment

Originally posted by nottinghill View Post
            Hi Jonathan, you're the boss from Passions ya? Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the note above.

Louis, perhaps including a clause to say that we are not affliated with Rolex Geneva would help? Anyway, do hope Jon, you can provide us some guide as to how to avoid any unnecessary issues with Rolex Geneva?

Thanks in advance... cheers..

Noted...

Thanks for the suggestion Jonathan..

Comment

Originally posted by Passions View Post
              Hi good morning to all.

Jon
              Welcome Jonathan! =)

Great to know that we have the owner of Passions here. Ok,we will take note of what you said =)

Enjoy your stay here!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Thanks guys that's me. Don't worry I won't hawk watches here, never quite in my blood to push sales.

I'm looking forward to write a book on watch collecting & share the knowledge though that may only happen decades later with my busy life

I realised many dealers can't even tell a re-con dial these days not to mention a pro-faked, no not those China ones but those from European & HK done years ago & people are taking them in as the real deal. It's a "lost-art".

Darkangel, are those signature pics you have from Rolex?

Years ago a few non-authorised dealers were sued/warned simply because they put the Rolex word & logo on the glass windows. I ever used a pic from their catalogue for an advert & was almost sued but luckily I was in good terms with the local Rolex Ctr & the then GM is a friend so he kindly told me NOT to use it next time.

I don't know but maybe it's fine with them if you guys use it for a non-commercial intention.

Comment

Thanks for the intro jonathan...

Dun say hawk watches la... but quite a few members here are looking for watches.. if you have them, can always reply to their threads, etc..

I was actually thinking on whether we should be using those pics which is currently being used by Darkangel... maybe some other mods can comment?

Just me and my NT...

Comment

well i think we shd be original......it's not that difficult to take pics and plus abit of photoshop to do up a banner....just need time haha
                    the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                    visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

• i guess as long as the banner is our own creation, it should not matter....
                      Rolex TT Submariner Date Blue Dial (Ref#116613LB)
                      Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (Ref#116660)
                      Rolex 18K/SS Oyster Perpetual Datejust (Ref#16233)
                      Omega Seamaster 300M Chrono (Ref#2920.80.91)

Comment

• haha yeah ....but those shown obviously from rolex.com mah....:P
                        the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                        visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

• Hi jonathan
                          Good to see you here.

I was suggesting to the owner of this forum that he should consider inviting reputable dealers like yourself, and offer a dedicated commercial forum you guys can advertise as much rolex ware as you want. This makes the forum more interesting too.

On the note of Rolex Geneva. Maybe the way to deal with this is ...besides posting a "non affiliation" note and an acknowledgement of trademark... etc. ... the owners of the forum should consider a more proactive approach ... getting in touch w/ RSC and establishing some sort of non-endorsement type relationship? I mean, such a forum can only be a good thing for their marketing efforts?

Do you know if there are other rolex clubs/forums in singapore?

Comment

• Originally posted by Passions View Post
                            Thanks guys that's me. Don't worry I won't hawk watches here, never quite in my blood to push sales.

I'm looking forward to write a book on watch collecting & share the knowledge though that may only happen decades later with my busy life

I realised many dealers can't even tell a re-con dial these days not to mention a pro-faked, no not those China ones but those from European & HK done years ago & people are taking them in as the real deal. It's a "lost-art".

Darkangel, are those signature pics you have from Rolex?

Years ago a few non-authorised dealers were sued/warned simply because they put the Rolex word & logo on the glass windows. I ever used a pic from their catalogue for an advert & was almost sued but luckily I was in good terms with the local Rolex Ctr & the then GM is a friend so he kindly told me NOT to use it next time.

I don't know but maybe it's fine with them if you guys use it for a non-commercial intention.
                            Ok Jonathan,I got rid of it already! Later kena sued I no $ pay...muz sell watch liao. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by louisoh View Post
                              Thanks for the intro jonathan...

Dun say hawk watches la... but quite a few members here are looking for watches.. if you have them, can always reply to their threads, etc..

I was actually thinking on whether we should be using those pics which is currently being used by Darkangel... maybe some other mods can comment?
                              Louis..I think we must get to know the Rolex people well,then safer. Like the tua tua towkay of Rolex...

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                                Louis..I think we must get to know the Rolex people well,then safer. Like the tua tua towkay of Rolex...
                                N how do u suggest on ways to know them ?...

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X