Milgauss Dial Variations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milgauss Dial Variations

Hi all, not sure if this has been discussed. But i just like to share with fellow rolex enthusiasts.

i got bought a milgauss gv few months back. Have been admiring it since and came across many amazing pics online and realized that there is 2 types of dial which appears on the gv. (not sure about the black and white one)

Here's what i've discovered and a couple of pics i took:

on my piece, the 'oyster perpetual' wordings have 'T's enclosing below the 'ROLEX' word

the other variant has 'S' from oyster and 'U' from 'perpetual' just below 'R' and 'X' from 'ROLEX' - (shown on rolex site)

so fellow milgauss owners, what's on yours?
    is this a 'newer/ older' identification?
    or anyone care to enlighten?
    anymore variants?
    i'm just curious

Originally posted by myth_bird View Post
    Hi all, not sure if this has been discussed. But i just like to share with fellow rolex enthusiasts.

i got bought a milgauss gv few months back. Have been admiring it since and came across many amazing pics online and realized that there is 2 types of dial which appears on the gv. (not sure about the black and white one)

Here's what i've discovered and a couple of pics i took:

on my piece, the 'oyster perpetual' wordings have 'T's enclosing below the 'ROLEX' word

the other variant has 'S' from oyster and 'U' from 'perpetual' just below 'R' and 'X' from 'ROLEX' - (shown on rolex site)

so fellow milgauss owners, what's on yours?
    is this a 'newer/ older' identification?
    or anyone care to enlighten?
    anymore variants?
    i'm just curious
    Hav a look in the stores.... I could only assume the one on Rolex Site is the first / prototype that they use for the marketing departments photography.... but you have a good eye.... lets see what other bros say.

Also there are two options in the Black Dial Milgauss.... as shown in their dial catalogue in AD's.
    ROLEX.

Comment

Great observance! IMO, it seems common to Rolex that the printings on Rolex dials are not very consistent. I also notice the font style for "ft" for Submariners are different sometimes. As long as it's genuine, no need to worry too much. Just enjoy the watch!

Comment

Hey Bro Myth_Bird yours is exactly the same spacing as 1967 Milgauss with the 'T' enclosing the word Rolex.
        As in the rest of the pictures in Rolex advert is all the same withe 'S' and 'U'. Anyway nice watch!

Comment

My black dial is from S to U

Comment

Hi all, a 3 months old Milgauss owner here. My dial is from T to T. Did raise this obsevation 2 months back at Official Milgauss Thread but I guess my description is not elaborate enough. I believe the newer Milgauss is T to T. Rolex do shows this newer dial at the end of the Milgauss video. Check it out.

Comment

I bought mine late jan but S to U (black face)

Maybe T to T is for gv models now

Doesnt matter to me cus aint selling my first ever rolex

Comment

Hi All,

Mine is GV, "ROLEX" is within T-to-T, new alphanumerc serial no.

Did anyone or is it just me have the same perception that the word "ROLEX" font size seemed a wee bit smaller
                for the T-to-T version compared to the S-to-U version ?

Comment

thanks for your inputs guys. mine's a G series btw.
                  i'm quite particular about such things haha.
                  since future releases are alphanumeric, won't be able to tell its release period without noticing such minute details (if there are any).

do let our community know of any interesting findings y'all discover.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X