Need help on 2nd hand watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on 2nd hand watch

Hi, thinking to buy a 2nd hand rolex. but stuck with 16610 M series above or 116610. any suggestion...best the budget is 8k+. and also, how can i know about the Series is from which year? so many number and Alphabet, confusing.

Just google for rolex series table, you can find the years and series.

Comment

Hi TS
      For 8k+ to 9k, you might be able to get a preown 116610ln in the G or alphanumeric series
      A preown 16610 of earlier series eg Z or M maybe selling about 2k below the preown 116610ln
      for the new features, bigger case and better bracelet clasp, i'd prefer to spend abit more for 116610ln

Originally posted by slinzx View Post
      Hi, thinking to buy a 2nd hand rolex. but stuck with 16610 M series above or 116610. any suggestion...best the budget is 8k+. and also, how can i know about the Series is from which year? so many number and Alphabet, confusing.

Comment

Buy new no worries.

Comment

If you are willing to pay 8k+ to buy a 2nd hand used watch, would it make more sense to pay 10-11k+ to buy a brand new? Difference of 2-3k but the feel of brand new and for a piece of mind. Yes, its expensive by 3k but its worth it at least for me.

You will never know what the previous owner do with the watch or did the previous owner suffered from some contagious disease. haha..kidding.
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
          A Crown for Every Achievement
          Life is Nothing Without Style

Comment

If you have the spare cash, by all means BUY NEW !!!
            If not, stay within your budget, makes more sense !!!
            my 2 cents.

Comment

Hi, buy within your means.

Comment

Depend on individual
                Some like it brand new with stickers unsized
                Some dont mind used but mint lnib, and can save about 2k
                End of day, as long as you wear the watch, brand new or used, there is bound to be hairline scratches no matter how careful you try to be
                unless of course if u buy to keep in the safe

Comment

Originally posted by slinzx View Post
                  Get a BNIB overseas set from our garage grey dealer. U shld get it abt 9K. Then spend 107 to verify at RSC or any watch technician for a piece of mind.

Comment

9k for bnib set? That is 2k off list price

Comment

One more question.. Went to view a watch... The date of purchase is hand written. Tt person say its common in Europe Tt that Sales associate write the date instead.. Isit?

Comment

Very common, anyway date handwritten or stamped doesnt make any difference to value of the watch

Comment

ok thanks!..hopefully everything ok then i can get my first rolex today!

Comment

It's always a tough question. Since you have a budget of 8k, if lucky, can find a preowned or used 116610LN. If not, get the discontinued 16610. Since it's discontinued, you may reap a small profit a few years later. Then if you want, can sell it and get 116610LN. But of course, it's impossible to get it brand new 16610 from AD, but a preowned or used from open market.

The date of purchased is always written by hand, whether on warranty paper or card. As long as the S/N matches, that's more important.

Comment

Erm thg actually stamp the date on rolex warranty cert

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X