Looking For My First Rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For My First Rolex

Hi all. I must say Im poisoned after reading so much about Rolex Watches. My dream will be a Sub Date. Even for pre-owned it is quite out of my budget.

So hoping if there is anyone here leting go his Explorer 2, at an easy price for a started like me , kindly let me know.

Thanks a mil.

roger.

Check out www.jwwatch.com

They have a white and a black dial each for sale at $4.8K and $5.2K resp. I was there during lunch and was amazed by the pre-owned green sub on sale.
    Never Believe Your Doubts & Never Doubt Your Beliefs.

Comment

so u kena poisoned also..

Welcome to the forum..

Explorers II can be bought ard 4k+.... 1 of our members (Darkangel) is selling his.. 5k i tink..
      A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Thanks guys.

Yes, deeply poisoned. And the only antidote is to buy more

Went to PPC yesterday. A shop offered me a pre-owned Exp 2(white) for 4k. A pretty good deal considering most offered between 4.5-5k. But Im not sure why it is relatively cheaper. So Im reading more here.

Comment

4k gd deal... comes with box and all rite ?

IMO, buy and get it authenticated at RSC..
          A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Ppc

Originally posted by rogersk8ter View Post
            Thanks guys.

Went to PPC yesterday. A shop offered me a pre-owned Exp 2(white) for 4k. A pretty good deal considering most offered between 4.5-5k. But Im not sure why it is relatively cheaper. So Im reading more here.
            PPC people's park centre??Peng hwee?

Comment

Yes, must be a good deal. I went down at abt 6+ and was told it was sold this afternoon. Wonder if it was sold to someone here. I cannot name the shop here rite? Anyway on ur right after u reach top of escalator.

Well, walked over to the other shop and was quoted a sub no date for 5k. Can still slightly nego. Bros, if 4.8 or 4.9k good deal? Was told its only 6-7 yrs old.

Comment

Yes, must be a good deal. I went down at abt 6+ and was told it was sold this afternoon. Wonder if it was sold to someone here. I cannot name the shop here rite? Anyway on ur right after u reach top of escalator.

Well, walked over to the other shop and was quoted a sub no date for 5k. Can still slightly nego. Bros, if 4.8 or 4.9k good deal? Was told its only 6-7 yrs old.
                wow...5k for a sub non date, 14060 or 14060M? The one with M is the 'improved engine'..... if you going to pay 5k for a sub non date...might as well get a new one.... just my 2 cents....
                Rolex TT Submariner Date Blue Dial (Ref#116613LB)
                Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (Ref#116660)
                Rolex 18K/SS Oyster Perpetual Datejust (Ref#16233)
                Omega Seamaster 300M Chrono (Ref#2920.80.91)

Comment

Bro, 4.8K is a bit expensive for a sub w/o date. Moreover it's already 7yrs old. Why don't you consider Exp II? You can get a pre-owned one at this price. IMHO, there's no need to rush to get one. Shop around and compare prices . It adds fun to the process of collecting watches...
                  Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Thanks guys.

The older series the watch the lower the price of Explorer2, unless is the orange hand. And depend on whether got pin hole. The lastest few series got no pin holes. The price also depend on the condition and what comes with the watch. Any box, cert, warranty, accessories? Please research first and look around before u buy. why not look for older submariner which got better resale value and is about 5k+. Hope this help u.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                      The older series the watch the lower the price of Explorer2, unless is the orange hand. And depend on whether got pin hole. The lastest few series got no pin holes. The price also depend on the condition and what comes with the watch. Any box, cert, warranty, accessories? Please research first and look around before u buy. why not look for older submariner which got better resale value and is about 5k+. Hope this help u.
                      Exactly. FYI, I got my T-series sub date for only 4.8K from a pre-owned shop. Does it matter that it's almost 10yrs old? Well to some, it bothers them. But to me, it's ok because the watch is as good as new. So I bought it

There're many pre-owned pieces on the market. Shop around for them. I'm sure youll find a good buy in no time
                      Last edited by minusplus; 10-12-07, 10:13 PM. Reason: spelling
                      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

May consider the Explorer II. I'm speculating Rolex may change the gmt hand to green(someday).
                        IWC Top Gun Doppler
                        Pam 312K
                        Cartier Santos 100
                        Rolex SS GMT IIC M-Series
                        Rolex SS Submariner LVC (Hulk) Alpha
                        Rolex SS Explorer 1 214270 G-Series
                        Tag Heuer Monaco Calibre 12 Gulf Limited Edition
                        Omega Seamaster 300m Diver

Comment

hey!! im oso looking at my first rolex.. oso tio poisoned..
                          always tot rolex for ah pek..
                          skali fall slowly in love with it..

anyone seen this ard?
                          was looking for something like this..
                          maybe with SS white dial n diamond marker would be ideal
                          any idea how much would it cost? going shopping tml
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
                            Exactly. FYI, I got my T-series sub date for only 4.8K from a pre-owned shop. Does it matter that it's almost 10yrs old? Well to some, it bothers them. But to me, it's ok because the watch is as good as new. So I bought it

There're many pre-owned pieces on the market. Shop around for them. I'm sure youll find a good buy in no time
                            Yes yes! bro, this is probably my answer to owning my dream watch....a submariner with date. I dont mind the age as long its in good condition.
                            Not more than 5k is ok with me. But asked a few shops most 6k above.

Got to cont. hunting............

Comment

Originally posted by fu3g0 View Post
                              hey!! im oso looking at my first rolex.. oso tio poisoned..
                              always tot rolex for ah pek..
                              skali fall slowly in love with it..

anyone seen this ard?
                              was looking for something like this..
                              maybe with SS white dial n diamond marker would be ideal
                              any idea how much would it cost? going shopping tml

So where u go shopping? Lets chiong together?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X