Clear All

• Time Pieces - The Peak Selection 2012/2013

Hi Guys

Happen to read the a/m magazine published by SPH
    How come no Lolexs mentioned except a brief one on the Sky Dweller
    Editors dun like Lolex is it ?

Or Rolex restricted the publication?

Comment

I was recently making the observation too flipped through the whole magazine only saw one rolex..

IMHO rolex has been very established with their already great existing designs, everybody knows how a submariner looks like or what a daytona can do. From my humble experience of shooting for magazines, they like to cover new stuff, hence they probably only choose the Sky Dweller.

For e.g, to an untrained eye, the porsche 911 now and 5 years ago look almost similar and its gonna look similar years down the road too, even though every panel has been redesigned.

I think rolex owners do not buy it because its featured in the magazine, but more of its everlasting status. So its a rather different group of watches that the magazines usually publish more of, like old brands getting revived, or certain brands trying something new.

Many people like to say this watch and that watch is probably better than rolex in one way or another, but when they eventually save enough to buy their first solid watch, end up looking at rolex haha! (Me included!)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
      Working...
      X