Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redeemed a replica from pawn shop

Help!

Last week 'redeemed' a rolex from a pawn shop in jurong and found out that it was a replica!

My father bought a pawn ticket from his friend and I went to the pawn shop to 'redeem' it and found out later from another pawn shop that it was a replica.

If we go back to the shop, the shop might say that we have swapped the watch.

What should I do?

Fake rolex which model?

Comment

cham liao

Comment

Originally posted by bobcat View Post
        Help!

Last week 'redeemed' a rolex from a pawn shop in jurong and found out that it was a replica!

My father bought a pawn ticket from his friend and I went to the pawn shop to 'redeem' it and found out later from another pawn shop that it was a replica.

What should I do?
        swapped? weight cannot bluff, before pawn shop take in a watch they will use a digital weighing device to capture the weigh so this you don't have to worry. If any part of the watch been tempered with, they pawn shop would know.

How you know its fake?
        :cool:

Comment

That's serious! Should report to police. Sometimes I do feel the pawn shops quite bad, I had a bad experience. Walked in to look at the Rolexes and requested to take a look, but the staff scared I ran away with the watch, dare not let me see. Then I managed to see 1 piece and noticed some watches were "modified" with dials or bezel. And most watches have no papers, so in the end didn't trust and didn't buy.

Comment

Originally posted by breitling77 View Post
            That's serious! Should report to police. Sometimes I do feel the pawn shops quite bad, I had a bad experience. Walked in to look at the Rolexes and requested to take a look, but the staff scared I ran away with the watch, dare not let me see. Then I managed to see 1 piece and noticed some watches were "modified" with dials or bezel. And most watches have no papers, so in the end didn't trust and didn't buy.
            For them to have watches with modified dials or bezel I think it's fine, nothing uncommon in the market.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Help!

What should I do?

I think we need more info into this.

Do you have any pictures of the watch so we can have a look also.

While I think that it's not likely that the pawn shop would take in a replica in the first place, next crucial thing is who said that the watch was a replica. The whole watch or some part?

Relax and don't panic first.

Comment

Thanks everyboby for the input.

My father brought the watch to a friend who works in another pawn shop to take a look and he said it was a fake one.

Anyway, watch is now in Rolex Center for authentication. Will collect it tomorrow and update all on the watch.

cheers!

Comment

My father brought the watch to a friend who works in another pawn shop to take a look and he said it was a fake one.

Anyway, watch is now in Rolex Center for authentication. Will collect it tomorrow and update all on the watch.

cheers!
                  Ok, let us know.

Cheers

Comment

cheers!
                    If its genuine, that means your father's friend.... :/

Comment

TS, any updates?
                      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
                      A Crown for Every Achievement
                      Life is Nothing Without Style

Comment

If happens to be replica, pass back to pawn shop. If they dun accept call police.

Comment

Is there no recourse to the TS? I feel the police should be involved. Counterfeit goods are strictly prohibited in singapore, let alone a pawnshop selling it??!

TS bought the watch from pawnshop and brought it to RSC to authenticate immediately. If proved to be fake, pawnshop should not turn around and say TS change the parts. If so, looks like the pawnshop really out to cheat and should be reported.

Hope it turns out ok and TS get his money back and the pawnshop blacklisted.

"because nobody stops at one watch" - kohym
                          http://kymwatchlog.blogspot.com/

Comment

lets hear from the TS, if it is really a counterfeit confirmed by rolex center, would be good for TS to reveal the name of the pawnshop so that rest of readers beware

Comment

now even pawnshop dun know to see whether the watch is replica?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X