Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the difference between a Rolex king and a Rolex DD

Hi,

Pardon for my ignorant question, may i know what's the difference between the above and which is more of as a collectible item? Price wise for a pre-owned piece not much of a great difference which will you prefer on this 2.... Thanks a lot in advance....

Rolex solid gold watch supposed to be the top end of Rolex, during the 70s this watch cost $10K ! ppl look at it
    normally say "Wow" so expensive!!

Rolex King and Day Date are the same watch. In the 80s ppl go crazy over this watch, Rolex Sports watch was considered
    cheaper watch...second hand Sub, GMTII and Explorer were sold at $1.5k above.

Date Just was very popular during these time, now those ppl are already uncle today!
    That's why Date Just is called Uncle watch today especially half gold!

Comment

Originally posted by Redsub View Post
      Rolex solid gold watch supposed to be the top end of Rolex, during the 70s this watch cost $10K ! ppl look at it
      normally say "Wow" so expensive!!

Rolex King and Day Date are the same watch. In the 80s ppl go crazy over this watch, Rolex Sports watch was considered
      cheaper watch...second hand Sub, GMTII and Explorer were sold at $1.5k above.

Date Just was very popular during these time, now those ppl are already uncle today!
      That's why Date Just is called Uncle watch today especially half gold!
      thanks much for your response and reply.... looks like im a uncle now... lol..... cos im really wondering what's the difference between this 2 as relatively new in this rollies collection....

bro correct me if i am wrong rolex king in the dial have orginai diamond etc where else DD doesnt have.... Thanks....

Comment

don't think there is a model called rolex king. In the older days 70s & 80s.

Those stainless steel (6694), people called rolex kia. The jubilee bracelet half gold some call rolex star (very uncle/ ah pek type).

The full gold people was called rolex king, so these are name given by people.
        Current Watch Collection
        Rolex GMT II
        Bretling Navitimer Bluesky
        Omega Speed Master DayDate
        Ball Diver Worldtime
        Seven Friday p1
        Ancon Sea Shadow
        Vostock Europe Anchar
        Steinhart Aviation Vintage

Comment

rolex king is gold Daydate. uncle term gold Daydate as rolex king.. only realise recently.. correct me if im wrong..
          Last edited by Zhi_Peng; 12-10-12, 09:49 PM.

Comment

There's a Rolex King Midas...

http://rolexblog.blogspot.sg/2008/07...olex-king.html

See link above. This is the little known limited edition Rolex King Midas.

As for the "Rolex King" commonly used in sg, it was given by people and I guess it refers to the Day-Date, which comes in full gold only, but u can find yellow gold, white gold, rose gold, with or without diamonds.

Lots more info can be found in the elegance section! Read all abt Day-Dates there!
            I'm in bad company........

Comment

Many thanks to all response and search for the thread for Day Date and read through very informative.... thanks again.....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X