No announcement yet.

Newbie from Hong Kong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice SS Daytona! Congrats & welcome to the forum!
    运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Originally posted by psee View Post
      Nice SS Daytona! Congrats & welcome to the forum!
      Wow psee, are those all your watches??? You are truly a fanatic!

Comment

Hi Bro Tsthk, first welcome to ROC-SG, enjoy your stay with us...

I Would like to ask you a questions that I have heard from a HK friend, is that not many guys in HK would buy Rolex with white dial, is it true? It was explained to me that it sounded like "Pak Loh" in cantonese...

SS Daytona Black Dial,
        SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
        SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
        SS SD,
        SS YM,
        SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post

I Would like to ask you a questions that I have heard from a HK friend, is that not many guys in HK would buy Rolex with white dial, is it true? It was explained to me that it sounded like "Pak Loh" in cantonese...
          Hmmm.... you hanging around with the older crowd tomcatf? I'm just kidding!
          Actually, I've never heard that one before. There are similar superstitions about blue face Rolexes because the cantonese pinyin is 'Lam Loh' which sounds like 'Lan Loh' and roughly translates to 'bad or hard business situation'
          I would be more concerned about 'Pak Moh' (100 nothings)
          That's why you always call your new girlfriend's mom 'Pak Yau' if you want to get on her good side!

Comment

juz came back from hk and macau...weather veri nice....cool and dry...hahaha....ready stock at any ADs for almost all rolexes....neber ask prices lar..juz look look see see only....had a nice time eating and buying new year clothings and stuff....
            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by tsthk View Post
              Hmmm.... you hanging around with the older crowd tomcatf? I'm just kidding!
              Actually, I've never heard that one before. There are similar superstitions about blue face Rolexes because the cantonese pinyin is 'Lam Loh' which sounds like 'Lan Loh' and roughly translates to 'bad or hard business situation'
              I would be more concerned about 'Pak Moh' (100 nothings)
              That's why you always call your new girlfriend's mom 'Pak Yau' if you want to get on her good side!
              Thanks, very interesting input, Lucking I only have a White dial Exp 2 and the rest are black, was tempting to buy a white TT daytona after my friend said it....

Anyway, I used to call my Mom-IL as Mom-OutLaw before married, see relationship was not so soothing, and tension was present there and then..

SS Daytona Black Dial,
              SS SD,
              SS YM,
              SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post

hi, sorry, can explain "Pak Loh" in cantonese, really catch no ball, TIA

Comment

Originally posted by daveevan View Post
                  white man....

Comment

Originally posted by daveevan View Post
                    It means work for nothing, or wasting all your effort but gain nothing out of it.... So under current situation, it is very very sad story.... Hope that explain.

Cheers....

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                    SS SD,
                    SS YM,
                    SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
                      "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                      three times is enemy action and
                      over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                      ."

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X