116710LN date stuck halfway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 116710LN date stuck halfway

My watch only 4 mths old. This 2 days I notice after 12am, the date stuck halfway. Need to wait until 3am, then it show the Date!!!
    Is this watch spoil?? How long does rsc take to repair a watch?

Originally posted by pingkee82 View Post
    My watch only 4 mths old. This 2 days I notice after 12am, the date stuck halfway. Need to wait until 3am, then it show the Date!!!
    I had the same experience before on my newly bought GMT II...what i did was manually wind the date like a new car needs break-in. (for example today is 14th so u manually wind to 16 and monitor again).

If the date doesn't change between between 11:55 - 12:08 then u may bring to RSC.

Comment

I just try it out first. Hope can solve the problem.

Comment

If I'm not wrong, RSC will take a LONG time to service watches. But that's because they're quite understaffed, and after they fix they will really take their time to test and make sure everything is okay. So you know you will get quality, but for GMT it might cost about $1k i think for servicing.

If you want, you can PM me and I can give you the contact of someone I know who's an expert watch-maker. At a fraction of the price too, and you'll get it back very quickly. If things are not perfect shortly after you get it back he will take it back again for free too.

Comment

Anyway the GMTs make use of a calibre that tends to have this problem, it's quite well-documented actually. It has to do with the arrangement of the 3 hands, which then requires a taller stem. The GMT-Master I used a different hand-stack that has far less problems.

Comment

If the watch is still under factory warranty, then it's best to bring it to RSC for a check?

Rolex owner since 2010
            Previously owned:
            Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
            GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
            Current collection:
            Datejust 36(116234) V serial
            GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
            Upcoming/Wishlist:
            "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

Originally posted by edchng View Post
              Anyway the GMTs make use of a calibre that tends to have this problem, it's quite well-documented actually. It has to do with the arrangement of the 3 hands, which then requires a taller stem. The GMT-Master I used a different hand-stack that has far less problems.
              Do you have any links to share re. this issue Ed? I had a 116713 in the past and didn't have any issues; I'm thinking of buying a 116710 but want to look into this further before deciding.

Thanks!

Comment

mine had this before and i tried all the tested proven self methods but no success. since it is under wtty, i took it to RSC and the problem was solved.

TIP: make sure you check EVERY date jump. u never know how many "dates" are "stuck".

"because nobody stops at one watch" - kohym
                http://kymwatchlog.blogspot.com/

Comment

hi,

noob to watches, so is it normal for date to skip between 11:55 - 12:08?

my gmt 2c skip after 1min 15s
                  my wife's oyster datejust skip after 5 min

was wondering should I send my wife's watch to service center.
                  the reason I noticed is bcos of countdown just passed and bought watch few days back

Originally posted by rockdaman View Post
                  I had the same experience before on my newly bought GMT II...what i did was manually wind the date like a new car needs break-in. (for example today is 14th so u manually wind to 16 and monitor again).

If the date doesn't change between between 11:55 - 12:08 then u may bring to RSC.

Comment

Originally posted by coughingbean View Post
                    hi,

noob to watches, so is it normal for date to skip between 11:55 - 12:08?

my gmt 2c skip after 1min 15s
                    my wife's oyster datejust skip after 5 min

was wondering should I send my wife's watch to service center.
                    the reason I noticed is bcos of countdown just passed and bought watch few days back
                    http://www.sg-roc.com/threads/41200-...light=midnight
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Will it be due to the fact it is brand new? I'm a newbie on Rolex, but I noticed my PAM power reserve also have this problem. It didn't go away after 2 years though, date still got stuck between 1155pm and only jump after 0245am.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X