No announcement yet.

Serial number ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How come some watches with engraved rehaut has no serial number in between the lugs at 6 o'clock position and some have?

Comment

Good question..

Thought only latest Rolex products - at least above 2010 only without any serial numbers between the lugs.. Well not sure.. anyone.. from the 'Guru' want to enlighten us...

Here I got similar question as well from the neighbor..
      https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...38#post3834738

Only wanted to share..

Comment

What I understand is that all these are security and authenticity features and Rolex changes it every now and then. Like the random serial number thing.

Comment

Originally posted by uuk View Post
          Good question..

Thought only latest Rolex products - at least above 2010 only without any serial numbers between the lugs.. Well not sure.. anyone.. from the 'Guru' want to enlighten us...

Here I got similar question as well from the neighbor..
          https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...38#post3834738

Only wanted to share..
          Did some searching and found out that V series, it seems, is the last series to have the serial numbers both between lugs and on the engraved rehaut. Maybe Rolex was still considering on how to standardize or not sure if the serial number on the engraved rehaut alone is good enough. In any case, it seems that they finally decided to omit the serial number between lugs from G series onwards. Maybe that was why despite announcing the V series is the last alphabet+6 digits after which the alpha numerical serial numbers will be used, suddenly a G series appeared. I'm not expert, above comments are IMHO only. Maybe the seniors here or the more knowledgable members here would like to comment?

Comment

If the engraved rehaut can be changed to another case, I think there may be a market for OEM/fake casing in future?

Comment

Rolexes with AN serial nos. only have the S/N engraved in the rehaut. There's no S/N at the outer casing between the 6 o'clock lugs. There's no point engraving the S/N between the lugs again; those making the fakes can easily copy that engraving!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X