Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advisory : Recommendation for first Rolex?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A sub 50th anniversary edition is my first and highly recommended.

Comment

• Traditional entry points: Datejust 2, Submariner, GMT Master 2.
      If you're inclined to flip, getting these in SS would see the values retained more than their TT, full gold versions. The GMT is dressier, with the PIC. The Batman version has a very very glossy bezel.

If you don't want to be like everyone (seems like that on some days) celebrating their successes with a DJ/Sub/GMT, then there's always the Daytona. The SS version is now more readily available than before.

Personally I don't see the point of the explorer 1. The explorer 2 is a nice all rounder (date, Gmt bezel, new(ish) movement, larger dial, affordable pricepoint) but looks odd with office attire. May be more suited to those who are fortunate enough to work in the great outdoors or a weekend watch.

The YM is an outfielder choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ladyboy View Post
        Traditional entry points: Datejust 2, Submariner, GMT Master 2.
        If you're inclined to flip, getting these in SS would see the values retained more than their TT, full gold versions. The GMT is dressier, with the PIC. The Batman version has a very very glossy bezel.

If you don't want to be like everyone (seems like that on some days) celebrating their successes with a DJ/Sub/GMT, then there's always the Daytona. The SS version is now more readily available than before.

Personally I don't see the point of the explorer 1. The explorer 2 is a nice all rounder (date, Gmt bezel, new(ish) movement, larger dial, affordable pricepoint) but looks odd with office attire. May be more suited to those who are fortunate enough to work in the great outdoors or a weekend watch.

The YM is an outfielder choice.
        Maybe you didn't realise...but you answered your own question posted on this thread almost exactly a year ago
        Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

• happy new year.. thanks for sharing in advance.
          Would like to check if there is any cons in buying a dj without date. :| my wify is thinking of getting the boys size one.. which look exactly the same as explorer I except that it's smaller dial.

Comment

• cant go wrong with classics such as sub/gmt/explorer for a first Rolex...even for ladies.

Comment

• Originally posted by pegasi View Post
              Maybe you didn't realise...but you answered your own question posted on this thread almost exactly a year ago
              I did. I got the LV after all the time away

Comment

• Originally posted by sty13
                you got chance office wear meh?
                thought you say you solicite publicly
                Some like the office boy look mah.

Comment

• Hi I am new here. Bought myself a firstly a GMT Master 2 2 weeks back and yesterday a submariner. Very good feel of both.

Comment

• is 14060m a good first watch?

New here.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Spanship View Post
                      Hi I am new here. Bought myself a firstly a GMT Master 2 2 weeks back and yesterday a submariner. Very good feel of both.
                      A GMT II and Sub in two weeks? Fierce! Congrats, you've got two excellent watches. Any chance you'll be growing your collection?

Comment

• Hey guys, just wanna ask if its better to get a Daytona in SS or TT or full Gold?

Comment

• Originally posted by azzurri View Post
                          A GMT II and Sub in two weeks? Fierce! Congrats, you've got two excellent watches. Any chance you'll be growing your collection?
                          Just got bonus lol. Maybe in a few months time, I bought the entry level 116710LN and 116610LN. Daytona 116519 will be my target.

Comment

• batman..

Comment

• that's a pretty sick bonus lol

Comment

• Go and try on a few of the rolex sport versions and see which one speaks to you.
                                I bought a 10 year old sea dweller for 2 years and I'm still in love with it.

You can consider a sea dweller too cause it has a date without the cyclops. And not as heavy as the DSSD

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X