Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just a few qns pls..

Hi all,

i am new to rolex and actually in consideration 116613LB for my 1st watch. i have a few noob qns and hopefully sgrocs bro can enlighten me

1) is there any diff between a local and oversea set?

2) THG quoted me $17580 (before discount), but sg roc seller selling BNIB @ between 12k - 13k? are they of the same series?

3) what is the diff between g series, v series and alpha-numeric series? which series is THG selling how come few $thousand difference comparing to non AD?

i would greatly appreciate if anyone could enlighten me on my enquiries. hehe

Hello wu_song.

1. Some ppl say Rolexes that came from Switzerland, ie with Swiss client no. on the warranty card are fully made in Switzerland but think no one can confirm that. Swiss made doesn't mean 100% of the parts are made and assembled in Switzerland apparently. Some parts are outsourced and assembly could also be in other countries. Not sure how true this is. You can refer to the following to know the country codes, represented by client numbers on the warranty card:

Rolex country codes

2. BNIB means "brand new in box". The seller is either a private individual seller or a gray seller. THG is a local authorized dealer. You decide.

3. The first alphabet followed by numbers is the serial number of the Rolex watch. The first alphabet represented the year of issue of the watch by Rolex. For example, G means some time in 2010 and V in 2008. After 2010, Rolex changed the serial number series and came out with the random serial number system, ie a mix-up of alphabets and numbers. No one is able to decipher that system yet. You can refer here for the previous serial number system:

Rolex serial number series

One possible reason why the other seller's watch is cheaper is the watch has an older date of manufacture.

Hope this helps you. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_song View Post
      Hi all,

i am new to rolex and actually in consideration 116613LB for my 1st watch. i have a few noob qns and hopefully sgrocs bro can enlighten me

1) is there any diff between a local and oversea set?

No different in term of the built quality and outlook. Some said resale value might be higher for local set but not 100% applies. So i would say overall no different.

2) THG quoted me $17580 (before discount), but sg roc seller selling BNIB @ between 12k - 13k? are they of the same series?

Depends on the discount given. i got quoted max 10% discount from list price. Buying from sg-roc seller, you might need to take note on the date stamp and outlook of the watch and deal at RSC for verification purpose.

3) what is the diff between g series, v series and alpha-numeric series? which series is THG selling how come few $thousand difference comparing to non AD?

alpha-numeric latest production if compare to G and V. AD sells whatever they have on hand. Didnt u notice AD has more selection, more chio bu, better enviroment and class, more payment options without additional charges. So it brings up the cost.

i would greatly appreciate if anyone could enlighten me on my enquiries. hehe
      check on the bold words.

Comment

1) No different to me... As the watch comes from the same factory and S'pore RSC will still honor the international warranty for 2 years. Just ensure the warranty card has AD stamp on it.

2) It's the same as buying BMW from agent and parallel importer, there will be price different. They should be selling the G or alpha numeric series.

3) Different series represent different years made. But ever since they came out with alpha numeric serial number, there is no way to tell when the watch is produce. Local AD, gray dealer and private seller should be selling G or alpha numeric serial number stock. THG is a public listed company compare to a shop, you think who has a higher overhead??
        Current:
        No More Liao...

Comment

local set or oversea set has no difference in terms of quality and resale value
          a local singapore set is a oversea to any tourists who buy from singapore
          likewise your oversea set from any country is a local set to that country

the only difference is the government tax rebate that tourists gets - and that only benefits the original purchaser/owner
          its up to the purchaser if he wants to pass on this savings to the next owner

Comment

thanks all bros!

another qns, 116613LB no matter what series all are with ceramic bezel right?

i hearsay 2013 the price gonna increase again?

pardon my noob qns. hehe.. hoping to get 1 before the price shoot

Comment

116613LB: Good choice!

Comment

Originally posted by cnconline View Post
                116613LB: Good choice!
                thanks! hehe..

anyway Watch Palace quoted me $15.8k after discount.

my fren from cortina promised a 15% discount @ $17560, so that would be $14926. if pay by ocbc credit card have additional 9% rebate for up to $6000 spent ($540 rebate). total would be $14386, good buy?

or would u recommend to buy from sgrocs @ apprx. $13k?

thanks all bros for your time

Comment

saw some selling bnib at $12k+ and used at $10k+

Originally posted by wu_song View Post
                  or would u recommend to buy from sgrocs @ apprx. $13k?

Comment

it is really up to you on the source of purchase to be made, i.e. the feel good factor in dealing with the seller from sgrocs and the materiality in saving $1K+.

the rebates from OCBC sounds good. when does it end?
                    The next piece....

Comment

Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
                      saw some selling bnib at $12k+ and used at $10k+
                      precisely.. can save around 2k. but what are the risks buying from sgrocs? any recommendation on reputable grey seller? thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by ntrj View Post
                        it is really up to you on the source of purchase to be made, i.e. the feel good factor in dealing with the seller from sgrocs and the materiality in saving $1K+.

the rebates from OCBC sounds good. when does it end?
                        the ocbc promo till 31st jan.. with 12 mths installment of $6000, u get 9% rebate

Comment

Hi bro... There are not many risks involved but just make sure you get the watch that you are buying verified from RSC.. Then there shouldn't be any problem...
                          HOME THEATERPHILE

MY HUMBLE COLLECTION
                          ROLEX SUBMARINER 116613LBD 8 POINT DIAMOND DIAL "G" SERIAL
                          Rolex Submariner TT 16613LN "s" series<<<[TRADED]
                          Rolex Datejust 1601 "5 mil" series<<<[SOLD]
                          Breitling Sirius Automatic 18K/SS B10071<<<[SOLD]
                          TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Date CV2010
                          G-Shock mudman g9300 ( daily beater )

HER'S
                          Rolex ladies datejust
                          vintage Cartier tank 18k
                          TAG Heuer Formula 1 ceramic diamonds

Comment

Better off to trade at Rolex centre aft verification.

Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by JeffLim View Post
                              Better off to trade at Rolex centre aft verification.

Good Luck
                              I went to a grey seller and he is ok for verification at RSC, but i have to make full payment 1st. Is that usually how the trade works? I dun really feel comfortable with it. and when i decided to get from cortina, now bo stock

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X