Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qn on adjusting watch that goes fast

Dear all,

I recently noticed that my new GMT Master II will go consistently fast by 5 seconds a day. I know this is well within the COSC tolerance, but I would still prefer my watch to be more accurate.

I have heard that it is possible to 'recalibrate' a watch; any idea if Rolex Service Centre provide such a service, and if yes, how much? Any recommendations for other places welcome too!

Thanks in advance!
    GMT Master II TT (116713LN)

free at RSC when under warranty.
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
      free at RSC when under warranty.
      Thanks for the info bro.

Will RSC cover watches not bought locally?

Comment

Care to share how do you measure the difference in seconds per day ? Thanks in advance.

Comment

I doubt RSC will entertain you if the timing is already within COSC spec, which mean there is nothing wrong with the watch. Officially and unofficially, they cannot promise you something better than the spec itself.

The question asked by the last member is also very relevant - how did you measure the accuracy to be sure that what you determine as +5 sec per day is indeed correct?

My advice is don't waste time to have your watch opened up unnecessarily. Just wear and enjoy it and don't bother about such small variance.
          Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Thanks for the advises. I just did a simple synchronisation with my iPhone. Haha. Is my method wrong/ inaccurate? Please advise!

Comment

Originally posted by GlowBoi View Post
              Thanks for the advises. I just did a simple synchronisation with my iPhone. Haha. Is my method wrong/ inaccurate? Please advise!
              No offence to all iPhone/iPad owners out there, but the timing provided by such devices is not accurate at all (read somewhere else in this forum) & u can oso do a search for threads on timing matters?

Rolex owner since 2010
              Previously owned:
              Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
              GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
              Current collection:
              Datejust 36(116234) V serial
              GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
              Upcoming/Wishlist:
              "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

Why don't use GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) as reference?

Comment

it's ironic that I use a seiko quartz watch to synchronise my automatic watches. I can see why the Quartz crisis happened.
                  There's an app for iphone that is more accurate than iphone clock, called Emerald Time. It's about 2 secs slower than quartz.

Comment

I also use GMT at this site http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/tim...sia/singapore/
                    It's synchronised with ur PC clock, and also in sync with the Emerald Time app.

Originally posted by Rollie21 View Post
                    Why don't use GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) as reference?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X