Fakes from grey market dealers/pi etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fakes from grey market dealers/pi etc

Anyone ever Kenna b4 a fake piece from the sellers in the forum before?

Just curious and I was told as long as papers, warranty card, engravings etc are in place n the watch look high quality n real enough, it should 99.9% be the real thing?

H,

As a private dealer, I am more than happy to deal at authorised service center(at the buyer's cost mostly) or a trusted watch shop of the buyer's choice to avoid any misunderstanding. Payment is only made when the buyer is fully satisfied with the watch. Happy customer, happy seller.

As a collector, the first thing I do is to "buy the seller". I will still send the watch to a third party shop of my choice or to the authorised service center if I have any doubts.

Replicas nowadays can be hard to spot(at least for myself). Actual papers and even engraving are achievable not forgetting the Frankenstein sets. Actual case with non oem movements or vice versa. I guess your best bet is to go to a authorised service center/3rd party watch shop if in doubt. At least you will sleep better knowing that you got the real McCoy.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Horology; 29-01-13, 10:59 PM. Reason: Typo
    Wind it up and let the good time follows

Comment

i don't think anyone who have got a fake watch from sg-roc would be back here again on this forum...lol
      elusive

Comment

While majority of our members and dealers on board are honest and reliable, buyers please take necessary precautions at your comfort level. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. Together let's build a secured environment for trading, and a wonderful place to make friends in SGROC.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
          While majority of our members and dealers on board are honest and reliable, buyers please take necessary precautions at your comfort level. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. Together let's build a secured environment for trading, and a wonderful place to make friends in SGROC.
          one can find online 'shops' selling replica watches of AAA plus grade if one googles it. also, these are sold discreetly in some Asian countries too. these sellers exist as long as there are buyers/sellers who patronised them on 'saving'/'greed' factors. closer home, there is an ebayer (t3050) presently selling a fake pam but unlike other sellers this ebayer is honest enough to inform potential buyer its a 'replica'. the above is written merely for exchanging info with fellow members only n ntg more.

it will be gd idea 4 other members to post here in sharing their unfortunate experience so that other memers are forewarned n learn fm such mistakes.

Comment

i'd say buy the seller rather than to buy the watch
            go for sellers that are active in forums with good track record (eg feedbacks/ratings)
            not 100% foolproof though... if all else fail, get the watch verified at service center

Comment

A real case here:

http://www.sg-roc.com/threads/30918-...hlight=daytona

.. happy reading
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Oooooo....interesting and hope it doesnt happen to anyone.

Comment

Anyone could sell something fake, regular seller or not, with +ve itrader feedback or not. It is just that buying from a regular seller with +ve itrader have less risk than otherwise but it does not mean nothing could go wrong. Sometimes a honest guy could be careless and bought a fake watch, and then sell it on thinking it is a genuine one.

Many say "buy the seller", but what eaxctly is "the seller" selling on a forum that can be trusted? I believe one still need to exercise due deligence and look beyond things on the surface especially in the internet world. For example, most forums nowadays including sg-roc allow sale and trading of almost everything. So does a seller who sell many non-watch related items and got +ve feedback for those deals automatically qualifies as a reliable seller of watches? And how many +ve feedback make one a reliable seller? 5? 10? How difficult is it to fabricate 5 or 10 +ve feedback on a forum if one whishes to? I leave it to you to think about it.

And just to clarify in case you say I don't trust anyone. I do agree with the thinking of "buy the seller" and sometimes bought watches over the forum without authentication. I just want to point out that there is still risk in that, and that "qualifying" a seller is not as straight forward as some think. At the end of the day, it's one's choice if you want to trust your own judgement and take some calculated risk, or go the more troublesome but safer way (i.e. authentication).
                  Last edited by pegasi; 30-01-13, 11:10 AM.
                  Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Guys,
                    has anyone uses this service before to at least track the integrity/history of the watch that it is not a stolen piece?

https://rolextracker.com/en/
                    Daytona 116519 Meteorite, 16528 MK3 dia
                    Reb Sub 1680 MK2 x 2, mk4, MK6 BP ,116613LB Dia, 16610LV MK1
                    GMT 1675 Pepsi MK1, GILT BP,GMT 16753 Nipple Mocha x2 bp
                    GMT II 16760 Coke FAT Lady, 16758 nipple
                    DD 6611B x 2, 1803 RG, wide boy
                    DD 18038 Dia, 18039, 18308 dia
                    , 18238 malachite
                    DJ 6520, 6605, 6581, 1601/1603 x 6, 16220/30/34 cream
                    AP 15300 Black
                    Tudor 7016 small rose gilt dial
                    GP 18k RG
                    IWC Port 3714 Chrono
                    Chronoswiss Skeleton
                    Corum Bubble Lucifer

Comment

Originally posted by minimerc View Post
                      Guys,
                      has anyone uses this service before to at least track the integrity/history of the watch that it is not a stolen piece?

https://rolextracker.com/en/
                      Is this rolextracker.com setup by rolex? If not, then why? Will there be a hidden leak from it? Sorry, I am new, still learning.

Comment

RolexTracker.com is not affiliated with ROLEX in any way!

The above clause says it all isn't it? Bottomline is: Exercise caution when dealing/buying anything from anyone esp in this internet age. Sometimes it's better to spend abit more (i.e. as an insurance) at AD/RSC/etc...if u all noe wat i mean than regret later?

Rolex owner since 2010
                        Previously owned:
                        Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
                        GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
                        Current collection:
                        Datejust 36(116234) V serial
                        GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
                        Upcoming/Wishlist:
                        "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

When dealing with private dealers online, their past track record is not an indication of future records. Doesnt mean that you have dealt with the same person for a number of times and go on to assume that the watches they sell are 100% genuine, sometimes as mentioned by another member, they might have gotten a good quality fake and went on to sell the watch as they assume it to be genuine and not done on purpose. Therefore, always do your home work before meeting private dealers. Recently I bought a watch from a private person and after going thru and looking at the watch carefully based on homework I have done, concluded the deal with no verification. If in doubt, bring an experienced friend along or the best method would be to send the watch in question for verification by qualified personnel.

No such thing as guaranteed or whatsoever. Bottom line, be cautious in your dealings. Walk away from the deal if at any point of time you find anything to be fishy.
                          Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

Originally posted by Mezz72 View Post
                            Anyone ever Kenna b4 a fake piece from the sellers in the forum before?

Just curious and I was told as long as papers, warranty card, engravings etc are in place n the watch look high quality n real enough, it should 99.9% be the real thing?
                            Have saw some sellers with 2K + Post without feedback here... and some are overseas deals which is somehow fishy. Best is to meet and verify at RSC. Nothing is safe before Officially verified.

Comment

How about buying from pre-owned or pawned shop? E.g the advertiser in this forum?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X