Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Identification needed for this Rolex Date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identification needed for this Rolex Date?

Hi guys, I am about to receive this Rolex from my dad and I would like to know whether are there any options to make this watch looks better? like better strap and bezel? and I would like to know whether this is an genuine watch or not because he receive this watch long time ago as a gift from a friend and he know nothing about this watch. I want to bring this watch back to as new as possible since it's been passed down from my dad and I would like to preserve it.

I am new to Rolex and I could actually find this particular Rolex on web so I need some expert help. THanks!

Pictures are below, thanks for the help guys!

Good news for you. It's a genuine Rolex Date 1500 or 15000. Likely to be 1500.

This shouldn't be too hard, a simple polish job and servicing would make this baby regain it's shine.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by quelfala View Post
      ...I am about to receive this Rolex from my dad and I would like to know whether are there any options to make this watch looks better? like better strap and bezel?
      the sky's the limit, but i think nothing will make it look "better" than how it looks now. i would size it and wear it until i know how much i like (or dislike) it before making plans to do anything to it.

if you want it on a strap, look for 19mm (the end that goes onto the watch) x 16mm (the part where the buckle goes) straps. they pair best with this watch.
      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

The current original n vintage look is priceless! Keep it this way as I think it has got much character!

Comment

Keep it that way wait for 20 ,ore yrs

Comment

Alright guys, I've just got the watch and verified the serial number(design 1500), this watch was produced somewhere after 1974 according to the serial number. Something strange and that is when I took off the lug I saw there's gold plated at the side of the watch, does this mean the watch was initially gold plated?

Comment

I just received the watch and verified the serial number and it was a design 1500, which was produced afer 1974(referring the serial number from Rolex) something that I don't understand and that is why is it gold in color when I took off the lug from the watch? seems like gold plated and does this mean this watch was previously gold in color?

Comment

Here are some picture of the watch. For some reason I am starting to like it though it's kinda old for my age to wear haha!

i95.photobucket.com/albums/l133/tysonleong/_DSC0006_zpsbe734d66.jpg

Size comparisson with my edifice
                i95.photobucket.com/albums/l133/tysonleong/_DSC0014_zpse8ab8d90.jpg

Comment

Yes its a Model 1500 which I have one but in half gold (two tone) with a blue dial complete with two tone bracelet. Check out my piece at facebook.com/watches.jamy
                  I agree with the rest --- keep it as it is...Its like you picking it up from where your dad left off before he pass it to you and you are continuing his imprint on the watch and writing history for your next generation when you hand it over to your son in future...

Enjoy it!
                  facebook.com/watches.jamy

Mine:
                  1) Rolex Seadweller T-Series
                  2) Seiko Sports Vintage
                  3) Chopard Mille Miglia GMT Chrono
                  4) Polaris Homage
                  5) Heuer Carrera
                  6) JLC Memovox Deep Sea
                  7) Baume n Mercier
                  8) Helson Skindiver
                  9) Hamilton Air Race & X-Copter