Newbie needs advise for the 1st Rolex purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie needs advise for the 1st Rolex purchase

Hi gurus, I am new to this forum and hope to get some advise on my first Rolex purchase.

I've been wearing a black dial Omega Seamaster for the part 6 yrs. Still going strong but am itchy for a more flashy Rolex. Based on my preference of having a big dial (>39mm), I am now looking at DatejustII (116334). I am thinking Sub to be a bit redundant to the SM. Any other models you think I should consider? My budget will be 10k+ (Otherwise the Sky Dweller will be lovely )

By the way, I was told the listed price is SGD11,780 with 10% disc. Is this standard in SG?

TIA for your advice and help.

Since you like the DJII, then stay focused and go for it. You've mentioned that you do not really want a ROLEX sports model (Sub) so I presume you are more/less decided. The DJII is a good choice after all. As for the discount, it is not "standard in SG" but it is a standard discount with most, if not all, of the local ADs. I'm not sure if a little bit more bargaining can get you more discount than that but it's worth a try anyway.

Good luck
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

DJ II 41mm with Gold/SS is a good choice.. a trusty workhorse.

Comment

buy the one you like, but if you intend to flip in the next few years, you might want to note that DJ typically has a worse resale value compared to the sports model
        if you are buying the watch to keep for next generation, the resale factor is not important

Originally posted by gilaone View Post
        Hi gurus, I am new to this forum and hope to get some advise on my first Rolex purchase.

I've been wearing a black dial Omega Seamaster for the part 6 yrs. Still going strong but am itchy for a more flashy Rolex. Based on my preference of having a big dial (>39mm), I am now looking at DatejustII (116334). I am thinking Sub to be a bit redundant to the SM. Any other models you think I should consider? My budget will be 10k+ (Otherwise the Sky Dweller will be lovely )

By the way, I was told the listed price is SGD11,780 with 10% disc. Is this standard in SG?

TIA for your advice and help.

Comment

Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
          buy the one you like, but if you intend to flip in the next few years, you might want to note that DJ typically has a worse resale value compared to the sports model
          if you are buying the watch to keep for next generation, the resale factor is not important
          Second THAT! The resale value of TT DJ is comparatively lower than the sports model siblings (Sub, GMT, Explorer, etc..).

Comment

Thanks for the advise!

Comment

explorer II white dial is beauuuutiful. you should at least take a look at it

Comment

Originally posted by blueysmurfy View Post
                explorer II white dial is beauuuutiful. you should at least take a look at it
                Yap. Its less common so if you are looking for one whereby you are less likely to bum into a dude wearing one, this is the one to go for...

Comment

Black or White.. both are beautiful!

Comment

white looks bigger and more dressy, black looks smaller and more sporty

Originally posted by kenn18 View Post
                    Black or White.. both are beautiful!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X