Authentic or non Rolex Sub 16613 bracelet 93253 W series?? Help~~~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Authentic or non Rolex Sub 16613 bracelet 93253 W series?? Help~~~

Hi, folks, in recent my bro went on holiday to HongKong and purchase a 2nd hand Sub TT 16613 from a shop there at est $8700sgd... My foolish bro are those who take and go type, didnt even ask the shop to open the parts for verification. It comes with box, certs thou.

Now I myself have a sub 16613 from 2003, his sub is W series (95/96) with sliver dial diamonds, upon close comparison, the sub look slight thinner and longer, the bracelet 93253 should be the older one with stainless streel clap.

Now I notice the divers extention is very different from mine, its not the same and kinda flimy without locking, and the model no imprint on the bracelet at the bottom of the bracelet *which most old 93253 has* was BIGGER than mine. Can anyone verify if it should be like that???

I have been searching thru the net and couldnt find an answer.

Any verification is greatly appreciated. thanks.,

pics.
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

i suggest your bro seek help from rolex center ... btw he might also want to authenticate the diamond dial

Comment

Bro,

I found one similar model on ebay...see whether can get any useful details from it... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rolex-Mens-S...item589c25ad9e

If I were you - I will quickly rush down to Rolex Centre to verify it...the longer you hesitate the more anxious you get and maybe harder for your brother to get a refund (if its really not original). But my gut feeling is that it should turn out fine.(hopefully I'm right).
        facebook.com/watches.jamy

Mine:
        1) Rolex Seadweller T-Series
        2) Seiko Sports Vintage
        3) Chopard Mille Miglia GMT Chrono
        4) Polaris Homage
        5) Heuer Carrera
        6) JLC Memovox Deep Sea
        7) Baume n Mercier
        8) Helson Skindiver
        9) Hamilton Air Race & X-Copter
        10) Longines Chrono
        11) Meistersinger
        12) Omega Triple Date
        13) Tudor Big Block Full set
        14) Revue Theomann Alarm
        15) BALL EM2 World Time
        16) Zenith Triple D

Comment

The sub looks thinner and longer? I think best to take pics lah if not we cannot imagine it also.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

maybe the sub is going through puberty...
            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

hehehe. funny comment, taxico

agreed with whats said. go down to da Centre and have it verified liao
              在幻变的生命里, 岁月, 原来是最大的小偷...

Comment

thanks for yr effort in finding a pic... Its the same watch... but the bracelet no are much bigger! .... oh no... I try to take pics shortly...

Comment

Hi folks have already upload the photos...

http://www.sg-roc.com/album.php?albu...chmentid=10451

One of the photos have 2 subs... mine was on the left and his was right.

Comment

the dial looks authentic; but not sure about the bracelet
                    noticed also the case is very heavily polished
                    that's probably the reason why you felt it looked 'thinner and longer'

i would do a full authentication at rolex center asap
                    Last edited by skydweller_sg; 19-02-13, 09:24 AM.

Comment

No lah the bracelet being thinner shouldn't be caused by polishing. It's just that the older bracelets were thinner.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

My 9mil series 16803's "93153" engraving is smaller but that doesn't means yours is fake. It's could just be from a different mk? What is the clasps code?
                        I'll post a pic to for your reference when I can.

Comment

bro, i dont think TS was referring to the bracelet when he mentioned 'thinner and longer' - he should be referring to the whole watch

Quoting TS' words:
                          "...the sub look slight thinner and longer, ..."

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                          No lah the bracelet being thinner shouldn't be caused by polishing. It's just that the older bracelets were thinner.

Comment

to me it is pretty authentic...just over polished.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                              Hi, thanks for the advise. what I am referring to thinning... is the side of the rolex watch, *dunno how to say the terms* the main watch excluding the bracelet is thinner than my 2003 16613... you can compare on the side mine are thicker than his... Could it because the SUB 16613 in the 90s are slighter different from 20s??

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X