Explorer 216570

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explorer 216570

I am thinking about trading my 2502.33.00 AT for the new Explorer2 white face however it doesn't seem to be a particulary popular watch. I like the bigger size hence the Omega however can anyone advise or share their own experiences

I just got mine on wednesday. Hv u seen it in real life?one of the few watches on the rolex catalogue that looks better than the photos. Go for it bro. U wont regret. It just looks perfect. Feel free to msg me. More than willing to share more
    Only a Rolex will do for me..a tradition passed down from my father and his father..
    I have a love-hate relationship with rolex, i hate the prices but love the pieces..
    Proud owner of a Rolex Explorer II 216570 polar since 27/2/13..okay..not anymore

Comment

I got a white e2 for about 3 months now, enjoying every moment of it.
      first off, its a sleeper. i like sleeper watches.

secondly i strongly suspect the reason why its not "popular" because its a rolex sports model that is clearly so much classier and sexier in white than in black which is the usual case. so people are still trying to wrap their head around that.

Like the guy before me says, got for it, u wont regret.

Comment

Call me biased, but however you look at it, trading in an omega for a rolex is already a good move. i love the explorer2. will get it next year.
        WISHLIST
        Yachtmaster2 116688
        Sky Dweller
        AP ROO Black Theme
        WG Submariner

Comment

The Exp 2 42mm is really comfortable to wear. And the larger size of 42 mm is definitely different from the other 40 mm sports watches. Furthermore, the polar white dial makes the Orange hand even more outstanding. Highly recommended. It really has nice wrist prescence and you need to try it in person.

Comment

I love the explorer II 216570 so much that I bought both of them...

My Collection -

Rolex Submariner 16610LV (M series)

Rolex Submariner 116610LN (G Series)

Rolex DeepSea 116660 (G Series)

Rolex GMT-2 116710 BLNR (Alphanumeric Series)

Rolex GMT-Master II 116710BLNR (Alphanumeric Series)

Rolex Submariner 116613LN (Alphanumeric Series)

Tudor Heritage Black

Comment

I have one too, the white dial. I can only say: you will never regret this! And the thickness is reasonable and the overall feel is great. Not too heavy and gives a great presence wearing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit View Post
                I got a white e2 for about 3 months now, enjoying every moment of it.
                first off, its a sleeper. i like sleeper watches.

secondly i strongly suspect the reason why its not "popular" because its a rolex sports model that is clearly so much classier and sexier in white than in black which is the usual case. so people are still trying to wrap their head around that.

Like the guy before me says, got for it, u wont regret.

Hey Rabbit, what do you mean by 'sleeper watch'?

Comment

high5 rabbit..im now in the 216570 club too.. been looking at the watch from time to time...it looks more and more special each time..
                  Only a Rolex will do for me..a tradition passed down from my father and his father..
                  I have a love-hate relationship with rolex, i hate the prices but love the pieces..
                  Proud owner of a Rolex Explorer II 216570 polar since 27/2/13..okay..not anymore

Comment

no offence to polar owners.

i agree the orange hand stands out. but the orange word "EXPLORER" fonts seems thin and faint. my observation, put the black side by side and u get what i mean.

but at the end, the watch that calls out to u most is the one 4u.

"because nobody stops at one watch" - kohym
                    http://kymwatchlog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yes i hv to agree that the fonts for "explorer" cld be bolder. But if u were to compare with the orange hand,they serm to complement each other. Given the choice,i wouldnt prefer it to be bolder.

Comment

Originally posted by shou.biao.kuang View Post
                        Hey Rabbit, what do you mean by 'sleeper watch'?
                        sleeper means people dont know it until upclose. in this case the e2 does not scream rolex to the man on the streets. so if u scared people dont know u wear rolex then e2 not for u.

sleeper car = a car tat looks just like a normal sedan but a total beast under the hood, someone tries to drag u at the lights will drop their jaws.

i wear 3 months liao only time someone actually acknowledge it is a guy in a lift but only because he was wearing one as well, we gave each other nod and a sly grin and moved on. everyone i work around with is oblivious. enjoying it silently on my own.

Comment

Well said rabbit.

Comment

Yah ! Tot of getting one as well cuz i really like the big orange arrow !
                            Btw the Black & White dial, may i know which one is the Real McCoy ? Why ?
                            New ROLEXY on the Blog

Wishlist
                            1) Yach-Master (16622)
                            2) Explorer II - Black/White (216570)
                            3) Submariner TTc (116613LB)

Madness
                            The ITCH is getting worse & incurable

Repentance
                            I let go my beloved U-Series Sub (16610) for the newcomers.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit View Post
                              sleeper means people dont know it until upclose. in this case the e2 does not scream rolex to the man on the streets. so if u scared people dont know u wear rolex then e2 not for u.

sleeper car = a car tat looks just like a normal sedan but a total beast under the hood, someone tries to drag u at the lights will drop their jaws.

i wear 3 months liao only time someone actually acknowledge it is a guy in a lift but only because he was wearing one as well, we gave each other nod and a sly grin and moved on. everyone i work around with is oblivious. enjoying it silently on my own.

Hey thanks for the explanation... Yes, I totally agree that its an understated Rolex sport watch, and in your word, a 'sleeper watch' ;-)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X