Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any love for Quartz watches from AP/PP for ladies..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any love for Quartz watches from AP/PP for ladies..?

I'm looking to buy a watch for my wife..an automatic movement AP or PP ladies watch is a little over the budget right now..so I'm thinking of the quartz offerings from these 2 houses..my wife does not care for movements..the brand and looks is more impt to her..

I'm just questioning the logic of buying quartz watches from high-end watch makers..I understand that it may cost up to 4 digits for a simple battery change..the same as a watch service..is it even worth it to buy quartz movements from them?

Any ladies here with quartz movements from high end watch makers? Or any guys here bought them for their wives/GFs? Just need some comments..

short and quick answer - get automatic instead

Comment

Ladies generally go for the look more than the mech or tech ... and quartz is acceptable for most of them, in fact prefer.
      But for me, if I buy high end for ladies watch, I won't buy quartz. What's the point of paying so much for a quartz in PP 24 ?

Comment

If you want to go for quartz and still go for a higher-end brand, I suggest something like Cartier would be better, IMO.
        "Oh enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. Craving the distraction of the game, I sympathize entirely. But sentiment, sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side."

Comment

Do not get quartz if there's automatic available for any watches (high end of course!) unless you have a LOVE for quartz watch and will ensure that you change battery every 1.5 years and if it breaks down, be prepared for high repair costs at service centres. Dont be penny wise pound foolish! Save up more to get the automatic!

Comment

The PP 24 quartz seems popular amongst some lady friends I know.... the automatic version costs several times more than the quartz version (which is already 5 digits), so sometimes it's not just a matter of saving up.

As long as the wearer likes it, why not?
            elusive

Comment

Its not wrong to buy quartz of course but TS here is on a budget and if a watch suay suay spoil, he will be spending a lot of money on it. He have to be aware of these cost in the future.

Comment

In general, most girls don't bother what is inside. The looks and brands matter more to the ladies. Just buy what she like, i'm sure this will be just one of her collections.....

Comment

Im with most of the comments here.....

why pay a 5 figure sum to buy a quartz watch?? I was actually looking to buy a quartz AP with diamond for wife becos that was like the most affordable big brand watch, but I couldn't get past myself to buy a quartz watch worth 5 figures...

In the end got a hublot with diamond, full automatic, and thicker too. AND cheaper. Well worth it.... I would be banging balls now if I bought the AP quartz.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X