Advisory : Best place to sell Rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advisory : Best place to sell Rolex

I would like to sell my 3-year-old datejust but was wondering where is the best place to sell. I intend to get a new one that comes with the new bracelet. Is there any AD that will allow trade in of old rolex and then buy a new one from them? I heard that some pre-owned watch shops quote very low price. Hope to get some advice from you guys. TIA.

may as well post in the sales thread in here and sell your DJ...Then go and make a new purchase....becoz pre-owned shops tend to really give low ball prices when taking in watches....i am speaking from own experiences and opinions..hope it helps...Cheers...
    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

pre-owned shop offers cut-throat price.....avoid unless really bo pian...

JLC / Omega / Sinn / Breitling / Baume & Mercier / Zenith / Rolex / Tag Heuer / Panerai / VC / Longines / Seiko / Citizen / Casio

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE.

Comment

There are many pre-own watch shops that will take in your old watch and yes, the price they take in can be very, very low. Try selling online first then see how. Good luck!
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

yup...the pre-owned shops always offer prices that are really really low.....

but if you would like to enquire around...do try top hour at lucky plaza....can nego with the owner..mr lim... cheers..... otherwise, try selling on line first ya? good luck.....
          Rolex TT Submariner Date Blue Dial (Ref#116613LB)
          Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (Ref#116660)
          Rolex 18K/SS Oyster Perpetual Datejust (Ref#16233)
          Omega Seamaster 300M Chrono (Ref#2920.80.91)

Comment

Hiya!

Compared to the other collectors here I'm very much a newbie. But just sharing my experiences, while I have only started buying Rolexes in the past odd year. I have been buying watches in general since 1990.

What has not changed is that should you bring your watch to a pre-owned store it is likely that you will loose at least 40-50 percent from the current selling price and if you have purchased the watch from them then it is likely to be between 10-20 percent loss from what you paid (not with-standing some extraordinary circumstance whereby the price of the watch escalates like mad due to some high demand)

That is because it is often these shops would require at least a 30-40% buffer for markups and negotiation. Their idea is to flip the watch at a profit fastest possible so that their funds can roll. The reason why they offer higher for a buy-back piece is because it is their way of holding on to their regulars.

Comment

Good place to sell watches

Anyone can recommend a good place to sell my cartier? Want to use the cash to fund for more watches.
              ===============================
              13 yr old Rolex explorer II white (My very first automatic watch)
              IWC Portofino 3563 Automatic
              Oceanic OC1 (my dive comp, also a watch ;p)
              PAM 250 K
              PAM 321 L
              Bell & Ross BR01-97 Ltd Orange
              Bell & Ross BR01-97 Ltd Commando

EX watches
              Cartier Santos 100 XL
              U-BOAT Flightdeck CAB Orange 50mm

Comment

Here you are - SG-ROC
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

i meant any brick and motar store. The off course is also a superb place.
                  ===============================
                  13 yr old Rolex explorer II white (My very first automatic watch)
                  IWC Portofino 3563 Automatic
                  Oceanic OC1 (my dive comp, also a watch ;p)
                  PAM 250 K
                  PAM 321 L
                  Bell & Ross BR01-97 Ltd Orange
                  Bell & Ross BR01-97 Ltd Commando

EX watches
                  Cartier Santos 100 XL
                  U-BOAT Flightdeck CAB Orange 50mm

Comment

There are few, if you notice some of them are our sponsor here, hjwatch and other pawn shop.

You can always check visiotime, jwwatch, passion watch at funan, seen watch at fareast and watchlink at fareast(they won't buy it, they help you to sell yours) and championtime. You can find them by google.

But I guess they will take in pretty low. Not worth it.

List it here, with more friendly price, and you can get more $$$ than you go to that kind of shop.
                    "It is not the watch, but purely is you who define the watch..." -pst666-

List: Montres de Luxe P48 Thunderbolt Chrono, ECW Panhard -M8D-
                    whist: IWC Aquatimer Galapagos Island

Comment

Originally posted by weesy View Post
                      i meant any brick and motar store. The off course is also a superb place.
                      SGROC, Superb place superb price.

I dunno where else to find better

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post

I have to agree, if wanna buy watch this is the places to look for too!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post

Agreed! X2. Bought almost all my watches here in the forum.
                          1 3 5
                          ├┼┼╕
                          2 4 6 R

Comment

Rolex for sale, boy rolex s/n 68274. What is the price for this? As need money so got to sell, went to maxi cash saw similar one they selling at $5k thought can fetch a gd price. Who know I aak the lady she only quote $2k. Who interested? I let go cheap $3k

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X