Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me choose a Rolex pls

Hi All,

I'm interested in getting a Rolex to reward myself turning 30! Hope you can shed some advises as you are all the pros here.

My wrist are big so I guess I have to get at least a 44mm. In my mind, I really like the submariner but it really seems small on me. I have considered deepsea, which is a 44mm but the price tag is . As a matter of fact, my budget is $8k or less.

Are there any sport models that I have missed out? I would appreciate all your kind recommendations.

I think your choice is rather limited if you are only looking at ROLEX watches because the general watch case sizes are not very big. It will also be very difficult for you to get a pre-owned DSSD at 8K at the moment. The next larger case size after the DSSD should be the Datejust (DJ) II, at 41mm. And if you can live with that, you may be able to find a pre-owned one at 8K? I'm not too sure about this though.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

How about Ex II? May need to add abit to your budget. May able to get a pre-owned at 8k+.

Comment

Originally posted by shuseido View Post
        How about Ex II? May need to add abit to your budget. May able to get a pre-owned at 8k+.
        Ya this is one good choice if "big rolex" is the criteria. White will look bigger than black. 8k+ can get brand new from grey dealer liao if find hard enough.
        Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

with the budget.. u can/shld get the 42mm Explorer II 216570.. like what other forumers have said, at $8k+, it's available BNIB from the grey dealers... Get the white dial with the orange hands... =)

& Happy 30th Bday!
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current:
          BALL Fireman Ionsphere
          Rolex Daytona 116520 M series
          Rolex Sub C 116610LN AN series

Gone:
          BALL Trainmaster Pulsemeter Pro
          IWC GST Chronograph 3707
          Rolex Explorer II D series
          Rolex Sub 16610 M series

Next Target:
          Rolex Day-date 18239!! The president.. :D:D
          AP????

In the meantime:
          Save $$ ar!!! & hope strike TOTO or Big Sweep!! :pray:

Comment

Wha... @ 30 yrs... Can afford a Rolex !!!
            I can't even afford it at my age now !!!

Comment

Oh pls..... it is not that you can't afford. You choose not to buy any. Look at your collection of watches..... tudor pelagos? omega speedmaster? longines hydroconquest? seiko sumo? seiko sportura? And did you say you were buying a "Rolex Datejust II Blue Roman Dial 116334BLRO"?

Last edited by Oceanklassik; 05-04-13, 03:02 PM.
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I think for 8k budget is a good time to get the 42mm Explorer II, Get the white dial you never go wrong with it, This Rolex is really outstanding daily watch. (ENJOY)
                Last edited by Hiroki; 05-04-13, 02:55 PM.

Comment

if rolex is a must, then it will be challenge to get a bigger watch nearing the size of the dssd. if not, could consider an omega po 45 mm. good for bigger wrists.

Comment

If u r willing to consider other brand than i tink PAM is a gd choice. PAM got all the 44mm 45mm...

Comment

Thanks bro with all your replies. In fact, I'm considering between Sub/DSSD or PAM 312. Explorer II looks very nice over my laptop screen. Must try out on one of boutiques this weekend.

Not sure if this is a good place to ask, how would you compare Rolex and Panerai? I like the design of both sub and pam312 but my friends were telling me that pam might not be as "recognised" as rolex. I know that I should get what I want and not listen to others, but that's my character, easily influenced by others..

Comment

Both are good. Each has own merits. Choose the one you like.
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Haha, let me influence you...
                          between the 2 brands, get Rolex!

Anyway, do try all of them first and see which sings to you the most (which look best on your wrist, which feel more "substantial", etc).
                          在幻变的生命里, 岁月, 原来是最大的小偷...

Comment

Explorer 2, 42mm.

Comment

i would say save up for the DSSD! makes the buy more memorable, instead of just getting one that suits ur budget but you dun really like

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X