Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

submariner ND vs explorer2 - which has better value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• submariner ND vs explorer2 - which has better value?

Guys, both same year 2003, there is a shop selling explorer 2 for 4.5k and sub ND for 4.3k,, is this pricing correct? Tot explorer 2 should be priced higher then sub ND. Any advice pls

Try making similar comparison for a brand new pc now and you may be able to gauge. Currently, a new ExpII is $8,097 (less 15% is $6,882.45), and a new Sub ND is $7,444 (less 15% is $6327.40). Then the difference is $555.05 (6882.45-6327.40). IMO, there should be a wider gap between those 2 pcs. Not forgetting the former has more functions.

Happy shopping.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

price aside.... if you have a 4.Xk budget, you should be able to find a reasonable piece of Sub wD.... yes ? no?

Comment

i've been seeing exp IIs (white dial) around that price, 4.3 - 4.8.
        but sub ND, i've seen even 3.9....but of course, not a year 2003.
        just to let you know the current range of prices, coz i'm also hunting for a no-pinhole exp II.
        humblequartz&mechs:
        gmtIIc.pam104.omegaspeedmaster1152.poljot3150.
        tagheuerf1chrono.philipsteinteslar.tissotprc200.

wantlist:
        toomanywants,toofewdollarsinthekeep.

Comment

If you ask me about "value-for-money", I will advise you to get ExpII... just 2 hundred dollars more, you get extra function of 2 time-zone and date...

If you ask me about re-sale value, both about the same, depending on how well you can take of your watches...

If you ask me about design, both are nice, just follow your heart....

Originally posted by sstimo View Post
          Guys, both same year 2003, there is a shop selling explorer 2 for 4.5k and sub ND for 4.3k,, is this pricing correct? Tot explorer 2 should be priced higher then sub ND. Any advice pls

Comment

I have been a fan for both Sub ND and Exp II polar and was in the same situation as you. Finally I've decided to get a sub ND first as to me, this is more of an iconic piece. I have seen the value of Exp II (2nd hand) dropping and is currently scouting for a good piece. Prices I have seen so far ranges from 4 to 4.5K for a relatively good conditioned piece. Holding on purchase in expectation of further price downtrends.
            My humble keepsakes:
            1) Submariner 14060
            2) Submariner 14060M
            3) Sea Dweller 16600
            4) Explorer II 16570 (Polar)
            5) Azimuth JagdBomber
            6) Azimuth Bombardier I,II,III, IV & V
            7) Azimuth 55mm B-hur Original Luftwaffe Specification Limited Edition
            8) Seiko Samurai Ti (Black)
            9) Panerai Black Seal
            10) IWC Big Pilot (5004)
            11) IWX Mark XIV

Comment

Correct!

Originally posted by mickey_ View Post
              I have been a fan for both Sub ND and Exp II polar and was in the same situation as you. Finally I've decided to get a sub ND first as to me, this is more of an iconic piece. I have seen the value of Exp II (2nd hand) dropping and is currently scouting for a good piece. Prices I have seen so far ranges from 4 to 4.5K for a relatively good conditioned piece. Holding on purchase in expectation of further price downtrends.

Comment

Cheers u guys are really helpful.

Comment

for me, i tink the sub without date is the classic rolex...simple dial and elegant...hehehehe....look nice on nato or kelvar straps...
                  Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                    for me, i tink the sub without date is the classic rolex...simple dial and elegant...hehehehe....look nice on nato or kelvar straps...
                    have to agreed on this too... I would like to own one soon..

Comment

hehehe..exp 1 is currently on my radar..lol...
                      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Buy both !

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Exp-II offers better-value-for-money IMHO as it comes with additional functions such as date & GMT
                          运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Same thought!
                            Originally posted by psee View Post
                            Exp-II offers better-value-for-money IMHO as it comes with additional functions such as date & GMT

Comment

imho, buy what u really like.. i think the Sub has a better face.. more lasting look.. and as wot some bros have said.. the sub is really an "iconic" piece..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X