Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need your help on Rolex 116233 mdj or dkmdj.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need your help on Rolex 116233 mdj or dkmdj.

Hi all,
    I am a newbie, I have none of Rolex knowledge, but I like Rolex so much.
    I like model Rolex oyster perpetual 116233 mdj or 116233 dkmdj, i consider which one is more beauty.
    Other thing, I wonder to buy brand new or pre-owner one.
    Need more your advice.
    Thanks all.

Thank Throttle for your experience.
    I am considering.

Comment

What are differences in Rolex 116233 and 16233 models?

Hi all,
      I intend in Rolex 116233, but it still high price.
      I found another one 16233 in cheap page http://www.modnique.com/product/Role...7yO3g9RfRgYobo
      I have some wondering:
      1, What are difference things in two model 16233 and 116233?
      2, Can I change a Jubilee Bracelet of 116233 to 16233 model? Is it fit well with 16233 model?
      3, The price is low in this web page. Does this page believable?
      Thank for your advise.

Comment

earlier 162xx watches have spring bar holes (pin holes) but later ones don't. 1162xx all don't have spring bar holes.

116xxx have shorter polished lugs, solid bracelet and the traditional stick dial now has lume plots and come with thicker hands. other dial designs will come with updated hands also...

the jubilee clasp is now hidden. oyster now has polished center links and a differently designed buckle. but as the bracelets now have SEL, they should not be used on 162xx heads which do not have the groves to properly support them...

my daily wearer is a 16220 and i prefer it because it is more similar to the classic datejust and is less shiny.
        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

It's totally a different model though both are DateJust. Rolex had changed a lot of model numbers a few years ago though most current models still resemble old models. If the new bracelet fits, why not? I have seen some sports models fitted with jubilee bracelet too though sports models are supposed fitted with oyster bracelets.

It's always a risk to get watches from overseas advertisments. Depends whether you trust them or not. I'll always prefer to buy brand new if possible. For preowned or second hand pieces, I prefer to view first then decide. Hope this help.

Comment

Money not enough, don't buy yet
            Money just enough buy per-own
            Money more then enough buy basic SS models
            Money way too much to spare buy whatever........

Comment

Originally posted by breitling77 View Post
              I have seen some sports models fitted with jubilee bracelet too though sports models are supposed fitted with oyster bracelets.

It's always a risk to get watches from overseas advertisments. Depends whether you trust them or not. I'll always prefer to buy brand new if possible. For preowned or second hand pieces, I prefer to view first then decide. Hope this help.
              the jubilee was an option for older sport models. rolex in the past was not strict about bracelet/strap option.

i have purchased many rolex watches from overseas dealers/sellers - this is the only way to buy rare and interesting pieces without travelling there. many of them are also priced better than singapore pieces. i also don't like to waste my time nickle and diming with the local pre-owned shops.

correct collectors/sellers/dealers always honor their return policy or will be happy to describe the item properly/take good pictures. after some time, a relationship can be built and they know which pieces i will not want and tell me not to bother to buy them.

has a deal gone bad before? yes, once when i purchased from a seller who decided to cheat everybody at the same time. yet to me, the risks outweigh the benefits as the local branded watch prices (in general) are too limited and too high. worse: potential buyers think if your item is priced too low, there is something wrong - perhaps this is why everybody prices it high...

but i must say there are SOME local sellers (i can list them with one hand) on sg-roc who price most of their watches accordingly - so if you may be able to find a watch at a price you like.

but don't let price be the only factor - shop around until you know which watch you truly want and then buy the best model you can afford.
              “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X